You know you did it wrong when...

I was getting started on water for a wheat beer and cleaning 2 kegs for a lpa. Brewing partner was weighing and grinding grain and a clatter and a few choice words from storage room. The drill hooked to the mill is still running and they both are bouncing across the floor. She grabs the power cord and gives it a yank
More choice words. Then she undoes the twisty tie off of the drill trigger. I stood with jaw open and all i could come up with was "I thought I was the only one silly enough to try a stunt like that." Not a good choice of words but could have been worse i supose. Ended up tweaking the drive shaft where drill mounts but luckily no bodys were damaged. Mill still works well but drill wobbles a little on bent shaft. Lesson learned.
Sounds like a close shave would of really shaken him/her up for sure!

Hah yeah that seems like the kind of "good" idea that doesn't pay off.

You know you did it wrong when you write "Moose Drool" on 75 bottles of beer, then while bringing them down to the basement you see the Moose Drool still in the fermenter! o_O It was the Janet's Brown Ale that I bottled and then brewed the Moose Drool the next day.

Well they are both good Brown ales:rolleyes:. What's in a name anyway?

A few months ago i was kegging a NEIPA. I was working on sanitizing one keg and cleaning another keg from a previous batch. I went to complete the close transfer to my "sanitized" keg. got the keg force carbed and chilled. The beer taste like shit. took a sample to my local beer shop and he had some ideas why it tasted that way. He thought maybe yeast stress or too high of mash temp. I couldnt drink it any more. So i went to dump the keg down the drain, and out comes the stainless steel pad I use for cleaning my kegs. So apparently i grabbed the keg i was cleaning and put my beer into that. #keggingfail.

Needless to say, i now have labels on all my kegs to avoid that lol

A few months ago i was kegging a NEIPA. I was working on sanitizing one keg and cleaning another keg from a previous batch. I went to complete the close transfer to my "sanitized" keg. got the keg force carbed and chilled. The beer taste like shit. took a sample to my local beer shop and he had some ideas why it tasted that way. He thought maybe yeast stress or too high of mash temp. I couldnt drink it any more. So i went to dump the keg down the drain, and out comes the stainless steel pad I use for cleaning my kegs. So apparently i grabbed the keg i was cleaning and put my beer into that. #keggingfail.

Needless to say, i now have labels on all my kegs to avoid that lol
20200609_201613.jpg

Oh man yeah I can see that having an impact on flavour.

When you stop milling to check you strike water temperature, but all of the weight is in the hopper, none in the bucket. That with the weight of the drill that you just let go of... I just went and got a partial scoop / rough guess of two row to replace what ended up on the floor.
20200718_145850.jpg

I can relate to that. I think of it every time I mill for a batch. Luckily, the balance of my mill & drill never cause a problem. I do still think of the possibility every time :)

When you stop milling to check you strike water temperature, but all of the weight is in the hopper, none in the bucket. That with the weight of the drill that you just let go of... I just went and got a partial scoop / rough guess of two row to replace what ended up on the floor.
View attachment 10934
If you have a screen if just sweep it up and place it on a screen and shake clean. That grains probably seen dirtier than your floor.

When your having a Friday knock off beer and half way through think gee this has warmed up quick! Go over and have a look at the inkbird temp on keezer and see no power:eek:.
I'm blaming the dog on this one she likes to squeeze in behind my keezer and musta nocked the power plug loose.
This is what it read when I plugged it back in lol
20200731_171932.jpg

13.6c lucky it's stout.

Oh man bit embarrassed to post this but my beers gone from warm to FREEZING!:oops:
I'm winning the Hombrewer Knob Head award of the year so far:p.

Guess what I did after discovering the plug had been knocked out on keezer somehow? Well in my panicked beer thirst state I plugged the Keezer directly into the Power bypassing the Inkbird controller so now it's bloody frozen :D IDIOT I know!
20200802_073022.jpg

I did a mammoth day of yard work yesterday dug out and old stump, dug up my hop plant and sepperated it out, weeded and mulched and fertilized the beds and finally mowed all the lawns. While I was on the homeward stretch I was salivating for beer! Man when I pulled the lever and all i got was a puffft then dribble into the cup :eek: what the! Ah I know I've dicconected the beer line that's when I popped the lid and saw the deep freeze dam no beer for me and that's the temp this morn.

Well I'm off the Sauce untill the beer thaws lol.

Oh man bit embarrassed to post this but my beers gone from warm to FREEZING!:oops:

Guess what I did after discovering the plug had been knocked out on keezer somehow? Well in my panicked beer thirst state I plugged the Keezer directly into the Power bypassing the Inkbird controller so now it's bloody frozen :D IDIOT I know! View attachment 11146
I did a mammoth day of yard work yesterday dug out and old stump, dug up my hop plant and sepperated it out, weeded and mulched and fertilized the beds and finally mowed all the lawns. While I was on the homeward stretch I was salivating for beer! Man when I pulled the lever and all i got was a puffft then dribble into the cup :eek: what the! Ah I know I've dicconected the beer line that's when I popped the lid and saw the deep freeze dam no beer for me and that's the temp this morn.

Daddy testing.

Guess what I did after discovering the plug had been knocked out on keezer somehow? Well in my panicked beer thirst state I plugged the Keezer directly into the Power bypassing the Inkbird controller so now it's bloody frozen :D IDIOT I know! View attachment 11146

Oh Ben, tisk tisk, the hormones of pregnancy are the true culprits here, get use to it, next thing you will be having a pickles, beer, and ice cream floato_O

Oh Ben, tisk tisk, the hormones of pregnancy are the true culprits here, get use to it, next thing you will be having a pickles, beer, and ice cream floato_O
:eek::eek:BABY BRAIN already noooo!
I've been acusing the missus of that for some time and now I've caught it man there is no hope for me...

Back