What's your next brew

="LlewellynBrewHaus, post: 76320, member: 10769"]Just ordered my first grainbill from the stupid internet.. all our brick and mortar shops have gone out or are going out of business :(

And you would think that with the ever growing homebrewing scene that home brew shops would be growing, would be alive and well. I try real hard to support bricks and mortar business as much as I can. I do some online buying, but typically only for products that i can't find locally. The only ingredients I have purchased online were in my first homebrew kit. I have two shops within a 25 minute drive, I like to support them both.

Sorry for the derail, back to your regularly scheduled programming folks

Cit Ruby Cit, west coast style IPA, it gets two 2oz dry hop additions of Citra , hence the name, not to mention that everyone should have a brew named after their Dog! The kooky golden I love who goes by the name of Ruby turned 2 last week, so it only seemed fitting to brew her namesake recipe.

Kentucky Common - one of my entries into the NHC. It crushed several competitions two years ago, will have to see if I can repeat the magic. Brew day is Sunday.

Aerate.jpg
Think I'll do a batch of cider tomorrow. Smith's (Kroeger's) had Langers apple juice in their case sale for $1/gallon. Got 2 cases. 5 gallons for cider and the other 3 for Apple Jack.
Just boiling my aeration stone and about to aerate and pitch my House IPA. It needs some company in the fermentation fridge.

Last edited:
Going to do a red ipa. West coast style. It'll be based off the West Coast Blaster recipe in Brewing Classic Styles. Red Rocket from Bear Republic is one of my favorites and we don't see it much on the east side of the mountain here.

Been thinking about a Red IPA since brewing More Beer's American Red Ale. Really liked it and figure with a few more hops it'd make a damn nice IPA.

Stone Pale Ale clone today, thinking I might do a brown or red ale on Sunday. I was in a weird funk most of January and didn't brew much, I seem to be coming out of it so that's nice.

Simple IPA with Citra and Cascade and a Centenial Bittering hop. Thankfully it’s gonna be mid 40’s. It’s been near or below zero the past couple days here and I don’t enjoy brewing much below 20 (f)

I'm dreaming of Blonde ales pale base with a sprinkling of Vienna and a late splashige of Sazz. Scraping the bottom of the base barrel so it may be a bit of this and that brew really.

And I’m sure it’ll be a good drinker Trialben!

Just about ready to pitch a 1.050 OG Cider. Will be adding blackberry flavor and a Jalapeño tincture at kegging time. Without the flavoring and tincture I've got just under $6 invested in this 5.5 gallon batch
Cider.jpg
. It doesn't get any cheaper than that.

Have 2 1/2 gallons of juice left to make some apple jack. Going to ferment that with Mangrove Jack's Liberty Bell.

Just about ready to pitch a 1.050 OG Cider. Will be adding blackberry flavor and a Jalapeño tincture at kegging time. Without the flavoring and tincture I've got just under $6 invested in this 5.5 gallon batchView attachment 5053 . It doesn't get any cheaper than that.

Have 2 1/2 gallons of juice left to make some apple jack. Going to ferment that with Mangrove Jack's Liberty Bell.
Wowie now that's brewing on the cheap inspiring stuff Bob.

On side note this is what I'm thinking for next brew ATM got some ella from brew store this morn supposed to be little sister to Galaxy recon it'll go nicely in a blonde...
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/773777/why-ella

Yea, one of the big super market chains here had a case lot sale and the apple juice was $1/gallon. Picked up a couple of cases. Used Lalvin EC-1118 yeast that was $ .99 for a packet and a teaspoon of nutrient. Real cheap.

Let me know how the Blonde turns out. I've been thinking of trying Galaxy, but may try Ella instead.

Thanks! Pretty much agrees with my supplier's info.

Ella™ Hop Profile (Australia)
Previously named Stella, Ella hops are the little sister of the Australian superstar Galaxy™. Ella and Galaxy™ share the same mother, but Ella's father is a variety from Spalt, Germany. This parentage gives Ella a pleasant floral aroma that is backed by soft spice. These qualities work best in lagers and pilsners, but Ella can be incorporated into Pale Ales and IPA during dry-hopping. This will preserve some of the lighter oils that are more fruity and tropical like in Galaxy™.

Alpha Acid: 13-16.5%

Recommended Styles: Lagers, Pilsners, Session IPAs

Two brews coming up this weekend.
Black IPA Friday night (back by popular demand)
Fuller's ESB clone Saturday
Monday is a holiday here so after all the cleaning, I can chill on Monday
Cheers!

I should do something this weekend, I had to load my last spare keg in the keezer this evening. I'm down to 7 kegs of varying fullness from 18 before Christmas.

Edit: Wait, Monday is a holiday?

Have a BRY-97 starter spinning now and will be brewing a Dale's Pale Ale clone tomorrow.
Starter.jpg

Planning another Pale Ale Thursday. 82% two row, 13% German Vienna, single hopped with Cascade and fermented with rehydrated BRY-97. 1.048 OG, about 38 IBUs. Expecting 4.8% ABV. Still trying to get the pipeline full and keep it that way.

Back