What's your next brew

Thanks Ben,

I did a wheat beer a couple months ago (with Voss) that had just a hint of ginger and turned into a very nice summer beer.
I want to semi-replicate that one.
I hope it is still hot enough :)
(That was my hazy cheapskate with 1/3 pilsner malt and 2/3 flour)

Interesting I rekon that'll round it out perfectly.

I'm gunna do another Ginger beer myself more ginger but less honey /alcohol lol oh and I'll throw in the homemade Amber candy sugar and see what happens.

Your not using thr darker Porter Candy Sugar you made the other day?

Your not using thr darker Porter Candy Sugar you made the other day?
Screenshot_20230313-212839_Chrome.jpg

@Trialben Bunyip for me as well.

There were a couple of substitutions there, as the LHBS didn't have the Veloria Schooner or Talus.
Subbed the Schooner with 70% Maris Otter and 30% 2-row. Also 90 L crystal, standard Munich light, and plain white wheat.
For the Talus, I figured some Northern Brewer and a little more Mosaic would get me pretty close.

My version of the recipe is HERE.

Once my Kaltrauch gets kegged to lager it'll be up, well before quarter's end.

Got the ingredients for another Bunyip brew tomorrow. This time with Columbus and Cashmere hops. It's great recipe for using up my freezer hops!
Use ‘Em Up is what I have in the fermenter, ready to bottle. My mind has been consumed with snow skiing lately, so my brewing has been on the back burner. Might be time to make another batch of Janet’s Brown Ale.

Next up will be the one I called COVID Operation.
It is a 6% NEIPA with some (but not too much) lactose, and some dried tangerine near the end of the boil.
It was by far the most popular beer I ever brewed, the beer snobs, and the light fizzy lager drinkers all loved it.
Maybe I brew it but don't really advertise it so it lasts a while...
Screenshot 2023-04-01 134334.jpg

It is a 6% NEIPA with some (but not too much) lactose, and some dried tangerine near the end of the boil.
It was by far the most popular beer I ever brewed, the beer snobs, and the light fizzy lager drinkers all loved it.
View attachment 24984
You have the recipe handy? This sounds good, but instead of tangerine, I'm thinking maybe some fresh satsuma essence and juice for the citrus. That'll be something unique to an Alabama based beer, and a shout out to a small town (Satsuma) that's more a suburb of Mobile. My neighbor and I both have siblings in Mobile and can get fresh satsumas pretty cheap (as in FREE). Maybe tweak my Frankenbeer with some kinda citrus for a summer drinker, so push the alcohol down a little to. 6.5% might be a bit heavy to have for lunch and then go crank up the power tools again.

View attachment 24984
GOD HELP US WHEN YOUR NAME GETS CALLED:D!

I mean that in a good way;):).

You have the recipe handy? This sounds good, but instead of tangerine, I'm thinking maybe some fresh satsuma essence and juice for the citrus. That'll be something unique to an Alabama based beer, and a shout out to a small town (Satsuma) that's more a suburb of Mobile. My neighbor and I both have siblings in Mobile and can get fresh satsumas pretty cheap (as in FREE). Maybe tweak my Frankenbeer with some kinda citrus for a summer drinker, so push the alcohol down a little to. 6.5% might be a bit heavy to have for lunch and then go crank up the power tools again.

This version is actually 5.6%
You will need to adjust for efficiency, and the Patagonia malt is basically like Maris Otter

COVID Operation
New England IPA
5.6% / 15.8 °P
All Grain
BrewZilla / RoboBrew 35L 30Min Boil
68% efficiency
Batch Volume: 21 L
Boil Time: 30 min
Mash Water: 22.99 L
Sparge Water: 5.69 L
Total Water: 28.68 L
Boil Volume: 24.44 L
Pre-Boil Gravity: 1.057
Vitals
Original Gravity: 1.065
Final Gravity: 1.022
IBU (Tinseth): 41
BU/GU: 0.64
Colour: 6.6 SRM
Mash
Strike Temp — 73.9 °C
Mash — 69 °C — 120 min
Mashout — 75 °C — 15 min
Malts (5.8 kg)
3.67 kg (56.6%) — Patagonia Pale Malt — Grain — 3.1 °L
620 g (9.6%) — Briess Oats, Flaked — Grain — 1.6 °L
620 g (9.6%) — Wheat Flaked — Grain — 2 °L
480 g (7.4%) — BestMalz Wheat Malt — Grain — 2.3 °L
250 g (3.9%) — Briess Victory Malt (biscuit) — Grain — 21.2 °L
160 g (2.5%) — Weyermann Acidulated — Grain — 2 °L
Other (680 g)
430 g (6.6%) — Milk Sugar (Lactose) — Sugar — 0 °L — Boil — 10 min
250 g (3.9%) — Briess Rice Hulls — Adjunct — 0 °L
Hops (480 g)
60 g (8 IBU) — Amarillo 9.2% — Aroma — 20 min hopstand
60 g (11 IBU) — Citra 12.5% — Aroma — 20 min hopstand @ 80 °C
60 g (11 IBU) — Mosaic 12.25% — Aroma — 20 min hopstand @ 80 °C
60 g (12 IBU) — Simcoe 13% — Aroma — 20 min hopstand
60 g — Mosaic 12.25% — Dry Hop — day 1
60 g — Simcoe 13% — Dry Hop — day 1
60 g — Amarillo 9.2% — Dry Hop — day 2
60 g — Citra 12.5% — Dry Hop — day 2
Miscs (start with RO water)
9.1 g — Calcium Chloride (CaCl2) — Mash
0.6 g — Canning Salt (NaCl) — Mash
1.5 g — Epsom Salt (MgSO4) — Mash
1.5 g — Gypsum (CaSO4) — Mash
0.5 items — Whirlfloc — Boil — 15 min
5 g — Yeast Nutrients — Boil — 15 min
1 oz — Dried Tangerine Peel — Boil — 5 min
4.2 ml — Vanilla Extract — Secondary
Yeast
1 pkg — Lallemand (LalBrew) Voss Kveik 77%
Fermentation
Primary — 29.4 °C — 5 days
Water Profile

Ca2+ 100
Mg2 5
Na+ 16
Cl- 170
SO42- 51
HCO3- 16

4/27/2021 - Increased Lactose, changed from two row to Patagonia malt, and reduced mash temperature

Back