What’s for dinner?

Looks like a marinated chicken wing or something yum!

Bbq chicken with Wifey's spin on the NYT sauce recipe, zucchini in onion tomato saute with some shredded parm, a mixed green salad.....and spam.

I couldn't help that last part! I had a second Founders porter to make up for the spilled one.

20230820_184950.jpg

The fork was still there after the salad, so no it was not used on the pizza.
Yesterday was our one year anniversary in this home, so we had pizza and wine just like we did that first night. And that wine was Willamette Valley Vineyards Whole Cluster Pinot Noir, which is a super easy drinking wine.

Hang on, I'll be over in 5 minutes!

Ya know ...I should have posted what this was...besides really REALLY good! I get a kick about having a meal where you not only made the meal but you also GREW the meal! So...here's this one's score:
Home made baguette
Home grown tomatoes...I think that was an Olpaka...it's a Polish Roma
Home grown sweet banana peppers
Wifey's home grown home made basil pesto
Home grown mung bean sprouts
Some local salami
California olive oil and balsamic
River Road un-oaked chardonnay which was like a hoppy IPA without the fizz
And I made that cutting board from a chunk of walnut off a local sawmill's scrap pile!

Yeah!

Speaking of home grown, I’ve got 4 poblano peppers in the oven, stuffed with a mixture of Mayacoba beans, fresh local corn, Cotija cheese, black olives and homemade tomatillo salsa.
View attachment 26428

I got pepper envy.....I love poblanos...I just can't grow them!

I'm going through my detoxification program now and drinking only water, but I'm already planning what I'll eat tomorrow, I'm dreaming of country style potatoes and steak

Back