What’s for dinner?

I want to get some Vegemite and give it a try myself. I am pretty bold when it cones to food. Any bets as to whether or not I will like it?

I'm not a big fan vegemite or marmite lol too much umami flavor maybe?

I want to get some Vegemite and give it a try myself. I am pretty bold when it cones to food. Any bets as to whether or not I will like it?
Nope :D:D
Havnt seen good reactions on people's faces when trying vegemite.
It takes some getting used too but once you do you'll love it or not...

Nope :D:D
Havnt seen good reactions on people's faces when trying vegemite.
It takes some getting used too but once you do you'll love it or not...

Makes perfect sense, it does have a very strong flavor. I would say if people like pungent aged cheese(and I do), they would probably react favorably to Vegemite.

Try a little bit without the cheese. Buttered toast with vegemite ( or marmite ). Then you'll really know.

But it is not unpleasant. A bit salty to me. A slice of cheese makes it a meal, add a nice beer and wow! Plus as Ben noted it is nutritious, more than you think.

Where'd you find Vegemite @Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews ? Around here Marmite is a thing but not vegemite.

If you like chicken soup, you will probably like vegemite (or marmite, essentially the same). People leave either love it or hate it there's really no in between.

If you like chicken soup, you will probably like vegemite (or marmite, essentially the same). People leave either love it or hate it there's really no in between.
Homemade chicken soup is the best - had that for dinner last night, 2 bowls of it, in fact. I am also OK with pungent cheese. Going to be on the lookout for Marmite (a google search indicated Vegemite is illegal in the US?).

Homemade chicken soup is the best - had that for dinner last night, 2 bowls of it, in fact. I am also OK with pungent cheese. Going to be on the lookout for Marmite (a google search indicated Vegemite is illegal in the US?).
Most would agree it should be illegal :D

Try a little bit without the cheese. Buttered toast with vegemite ( or marmite ). Then you'll really know.

But it is not unpleasant. A bit salty to me. A slice of cheese makes it a meal, add a nice beer and wow! Plus as Ben noted it is nutritious, more than you think.

Where'd you find Vegemite @Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews ? Around here Marmite is a thing but not vegemite.
Amazon, heard that cheesy song from the 80s again and HAD to know what the f**k a Vegemite sandwich was....
...as far as skipping the cheese, pretty sure it's against state law in Wisconsin, you know like margarine used to be.

Yeah vegemite and marmite don't cut it for me...

Drop, on the other hand, does ;)
Not fond of the double salted type though. If I eat one of does, it feels like my blood pressure is rising 20 points or so!

I took double salted drop with me one time for friends. Then my suitcase got lost. When found, I had to open it up and customs went through everything. When seeing the liquorice they asked what it was: so I said, it's a sweet, but not sweet at all. Just salty. Try one
I took one to show you could eat them, both customs guys took one as well.
The look on their face was classic ;)
I asked them if they liked it and very politely they said "yes"
I had to tell them I wouldn't be offended if they would spit it out :)

Tonite's meal
Phat phrik king....
Easy easy to make, yet so nice!!!
IMG_20211022_182515.jpg

Back