What’s for dinner?

Fusion bunny chow :)
SE asian chicken curry instead of the more standard Cape Malay
IMG_20230109_182509.jpg

Last night was the soup & chili cookoff at our church. The tray wasn't the sturdiest so this is just round 1 of 2. Plus a few seconds. :) Unfortunately no one paired their soup or chili with homebrew although one did pour a black and tan. He only had a regular spoon so it didn't have a clear separation between the two layers. But I gave him credit for even attempting it. Everything tasted great. And like home brewing, some people made soups or chilis that I wouldn't have thought of. Like a chili with shredded pork or a soup whose primary ingredient was dill. My favorite was a pheasant and bear-bacon soup.
St Joe Soup & Chili Cookoff 2023.jpg

View attachment 23354 Beouf Bourginon ala Julia Childs. Such a filling dinner. And it helps giving me thr fuel to go low and slow on Three Pork Butts. Smoking starts at 4 AM MST. The pork butts are for a Ladies Night Event at Ace Hardware Cherry Creek where I work. I sure hope the ladies appreciate this labor of love. And to top it all off, I have 2.5 lbs of pork Belly to smoke for Burnt Ends. Who knows, I might even brew a batch of beer while waiting for the pork butts.

charlotte concrete coatings
you make me hungry

latest
So, for today's dinner, I have ordered Chakhokhbili. I can tell you that it is a truly delicious and comforting dish. Chakhokhbili is a traditional Georgian chicken stew that is typically made with a tomato-based sauce and a variety of herbs and spices. I fall in love with this dish when I traveled to Georgia and visited the county's national food restaurant Oda House What I love most about Chakhokhbili is its simplicity and wholesome flavors. The chicken is cooked until it is tender and juicy, and the tomatoes and herbs create a rich and flavorful sauce that is perfect for soaking up with bread. Sorry for the picture from the internet, my camera has broken

A picture from the internet because your camera is broken? Don't you mean because your manufacturer didn't include arms with which to hold a camera?

I had a nice mixed greens salad with arugula added.
Topped with broccoli, radish and a hard boiled egg. And a bowl of creamy soup I made this morning

A picture from the internet because your camera is broken? Don't you mean because your manufacturer didn't include arms with which to hold a camera?
What are you talking about? I don't understand that I'm not allowed to mention some restaurant that I liked or something. Why does everyone take that as an advertisement? I'm really a fan of Georgian food, it goes great with beer. I would like to say that when I visited Georgia I was very hooked on their food and I am grateful to Oda House for that. Maybe if I had visited another restaurant I would have mentioned it, but in this case I liked this one. Now I often cook this kind of food at home, too.

What are you talking about? I don't understand that I'm not allowed to mention some restaurant that I liked or something. Why does everyone take that as an advertisement? I'm really a fan of Georgian food, it goes great with beer. I would like to say that when I visited Georgia I was very hooked on their food and I am grateful to Oda House for that. Maybe if I had visited another restaurant I would have mentioned it, but in this case I liked this one. Now I often cook this kind of food at home, too.
Are you a homebrewer?

It depends on which brewery I visit tonight. At this point, it appears to be BBQ from a food truck or cheese curds in pizza dough:)

Back