Ive added condensed milk to brown coffee ale with good results.
That's an interesting idea.When did you add it in? Late boil/flame-out?

Next version I will add 50 gr of banana puree, 1 pound of lactose at the 15 minutes boil, priming with 4 oz of maple syrup,
Damn! Are you making a beer or a pastry? :p:D

Here I am making beers with 3 ingredients tops most of the time.

That's an interesting idea.When did you add it in? Late boil/flame-out?
Was couple years back when brewing extract i gather i may have added it in with the extract and done a short boil for my hop additions so maybe 30min.

Hey readers, are you facing errors in your email account like sending/receiving emails, spam emails, unable to connect other email ids in your account, unable to ON the forwarding feature? For more information, please visit
Can someone delete the spam? Thanks!

Last edited:
And nosy’s post. He copied the link!

Well, you could edit it!

Reactions: J A
Damn! Are you making a beer or a pastry? :p:D
JA, thanks for the support, thanks for the motivation.
I just bottled it.
I named the beer the Pastry,
An awesome Oatmeal Milk Stout.
Have a great day!

I'm sure it's a dandy! New style for BJCP to consider: Oatmeal Pastry Stout! :D
Are the banana and maple flavors coming through for you? :)

No Maple flavors for this first one.
But Awesome Results

Subtle, light Banana flavor, just as sweet milk stout flavor, well balanced, enough hops, enough bitterness...

Regarding banana, I have a notion to brew an adjunct beer using bananas in the mash. That's starch conversion with little to no banana flavor leftover but bananas are used in many tropical places as a traditional source of starch for making beer.
And regarding the oats, I really have been meaning to come up with an Atholl Brose Scotch ale. Atholl Brose is a liqueur of soaked oats, honey and scotch whiskey. There's a local ale that's supposed to be that, but those flavors aren't prevalent at all. I'd like to find a way to make those flavors really pop in a monstrous wee heavy made with lots of oats, probably using a little peated malt and whiskey barrel aging. Flavors like maple and honey don't survive the fermentation cycle particularly well, so it takes so special handling to get big flavors without resorting to flavored extracts. Though that might be a reasonable option with maple as the extracts tend to be pretty natural tasting.

not trendy.
But I Love Cascade.
Some more in the backyards!

Back