What do you listen to when brewing?

Generally nothing
I work from home so during mash etc I just go back to work.
I' ve changed my 60 minute hops to first wort hops, so time keeping during boil is a bit easier as well

Was toying with some of my playlists tonight, and I have been on a big Fish/Marillion kick as of late. If you want something to fu@k woth youe head, look up Grendel
Grendel is one of my favorites! One of the reason I like Marillion and Fish is that the lyrics are just as good as the music. I saw Marillion back in the late 80's.

Grendel is one of my favorites! One of the reason I like Marillion and Fish is that the lyrics are just as good as the music. I saw Marillion back in the late 80's.
That would gave been awesome! I only remember two of their songs that were played on the radio. I LOVED "He Knows You Know", bought Script for a Jesters Tear on a cassette as a teenager and managed to wear the living fuck out of it in my car until it starting to squeek. I bought Misplaced Childhood on vinyl in the mid 80s, and I still have it. I was mesmerized with the parts in the long songs-Almost like a Pink Floyd album. In the past few years, I have started rediscovering some of the albums released a few years later, and they are wonderful too. I found the "Tux On" song a couple of months ago. Holy Shit!

Usually Pandora with various stations set up for Jam Bands, Todd Snyder, singer-songwriters etc. Depends on the mood. I often pull up soccer (EPL, UEFA Champions Leage etc) on my laptop and listen/watch that as well

From Christmas on till midnight 31 December it will be the top 2000 of all times
(Dutch radio station NPO 2, online)

From Christmas on till midnight 31 December it will be the top 2000 of all times
(Dutch radio station NPO 2, online)
I just found the playlist, or maybe a modified version of it on Spotify. Thanks for posting that!
Before all the online services, I used to stream a classic rock station in Amsterdam at work, and they played some good music.
Oh, and I saw the Pink Floyd "Echoes" in that list. Hey, if somebody is going to play the full version of that, it must be a decent station:)

Last edited:
I'm listening to best of REO Speedwagon on Spotify while brewing a dark Saison. Yeah, would be better on vinyl but Spotify is convenient.

I just found the playlist, or maybe a modified version of it on Spotify. Thanks for posting that!
Before all the online services, I used to stream a classic rock station in Amsterdam at work, and they played some good music.
Oh, and I saw the Pink Floyd "Echoes" in that list. Hey, if somebody is going to play the full version of that, it must be a decent station:)
Yeah, I think just today they announced the playlist.
As it is the 25th edition, they just finished numbers 2001 to 2500
I'm not sure if there is a list on spotify yet, but you can definitely listen to it on their site. No geographical restrictions, you'll just have to deal with the Dutch waffling :)

Yeah, I think just today they announced the playlist.
As it is the 25th edition, they just finished numbers 2001 to 2500
I'm not sure if there is a list on spotify yet, but you can definitely listen to it on their site. No geographical restrictions, you'll just have to deal with the Dutch waffling :)
Dutch waffling.....lol...I see what you did there silly girl!

jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock...
Maybe a little Bruce and Clarence doing Santa Claus is coming to town?

Back