What do you listen to when brewing?

When I brewed today I listed to the Critical Role podcast. It's a long term D&D game/campaign that they record for YouTube and podcasts.

Rock and Roll!
Sometimes I will turn on our quite old iPod and its several thousand songs. Other times, I stream the local public radio station KRVM 91.9FM that plays music 24/7/365 (broadcasting for over 75 years, their pitch is Keeping Real Variety in Music, and they play quite a wide variety). Sometimes, it will be a playlist from Spotify.

M
I'm sitting here with the mash doing its thing, and am listening to AC/DC. I was wondering what others listen to?
Must be a high gravity beer then.

When I'm brewing lite lager it'll be some blues or folk music you know to harmonise them flavours and project that peace into my beer hoping for some psychedelic vibes when imbibing :cool:.

Either that or podcast.

Had a double brew weekend and listened to some standards on Spotify - Talking Heads, Elvis Costello, Joe Jackson, Wilco, Paul Simon. I'm trapped in the 80s, 90s and 00s. Have a few newer songs in the mix, like Astral Plane and Call Me a Fool by Valerie June, Birds are Louder in Texas and Jenny Lake by Dan Peters, and Vancouver Time by Leif Vollebeck.

classic rock, psychedelic rock, 70's am radio, grunge, blues
More current stuff like the Foo's, Kings of Leon, Black Keys, Jack White
On AC/DC, there is precious little that I listen to that came out after Back in Black, especially love their slow blues numbers

Nothing too much
I work from home, so during the mash and most of the boil, I go back to work

On AC/DC, there is precious little that I listen to that came out after Back in Black, especially love their slow blues numbers
That is on the thumb drive in my truck LOL. Agree about the post 1980 with the exception of "For Those About to Rock". I can make myself deaf with that song.
I have 2 Spotify lists that I usually alternate. I have one that is a mix of everything from classical and jazz to Iron Maiden and a very large 80s playlist which I have been working on for years. It is currently at 1677 songs. I can't stand much of the new stuff unless it is jazz.

If you are a fan of AC/DC, you gotta love Bon Scott, he had some pipes! It makes me wonder, if he had survived what would he sound like now, given the music the band has made since he died. I would love to hear him sing the Back in Black songs, as well as some others from the Brian Johnson era. Maybe we’ll get an AI version someday.

Usually an audio book anymore. When I’m not being talked to by Sophie, who loves to talk. I don’t really get a day to myself to brew, I fit it in with whatever is going on most of the time. Sometimes we are having family gameday while I brew.
Wow, you are quite the multi-tasker Josh.
And just enjoy Sophie's talking. Someday, she'll be a teenager and you'll rarely hear a word from her. But they grow out of that phase too......eventually!

have you heard of Graveyard? The Sword? You would probably like them a lot, similar to black sabbath with some zepplin mixed in for fun. one of my go tos on pandora.

Wow, you are quite the multi-tasker Josh.
And just enjoy Sophie's talking. Someday, she'll be a teenager and you'll rarely hear a word from her. But they grow out of that phase too......eventually!
Or she will move half way across the country:(
My daughter moved to Alberta a couple of months ago, my step son moved to North West BC 18 months ago.
We have two left in the province, we need to chain them down!

Was toying with some of my playlists tonight, and I have been on a big Fish/Marillion kick as of late. If you want something to fu@k woth youe head, look up Grendel

Back