What did you get delivered today

Looks like the Koln gets good reviews but the "pitch two packs" is a little off putting. Shipping liquid in the heat was risky so its nice to know there is a dry yeast option out there. i'll give it a shot next summer if i don't save this yeast.
There's always the starter option to.

Only requires 50-60 mL sample to read :D

Can you believe after 8 years of doing home brew, this is my first hydrometer lol. Reads from 1.000 to 1.070

20220717_183446.jpg

Gotta love a kolsch :) always a crowd pleaser. I agree with Brian, the White Labs kosch yeast is good, but I also prefer the Lallemand Koln yeast. Plus it's dry, so way easier to use
Does it floc well? I’d be lagering for a few weeks to a month. Just curious

Got my delivery
IMG_20220724_110324.jpg

But temp controller is going to be interesting. Real small.
Sensor cable is only 25 cm long and I am definitely going to improve on my chinglish....
Not sure if you can see it, but there are 2 wiring schedules in the manual and esp the first one is pretty strange
IMG_20220724_110955.jpg

I'm going to hope/guess/assume that mine is the 2nd schedule.
I may even go the the chinese shop in town and ask them.
Or @Robert68 , but I haven't seen him around for a bit

Having only the implied context, I'm assuming you just want the controller to work as a switch and your power source or what you are switching on and off is something other than the 12 volts that the box is supplying, then yes, follow the second wiring diagram at the bottom of the page.

I didn't see a power supply for the controller though....I'm assuming..again ...that you are powering the controller with 12volts DC and turning something on and off that's at a different voltage.

Sorry for the elementary school description but I'd hate to see you blow up the controller given how long it takes you to get things there in Zambi-land!

Hey, yes
OK, I got a 12 volt solar chest freezer/cooler/chiller. Currently not connected to panels and I'm using it as an oversized cooler box.
But I want some more control. So the idea is to connect the panels and battery to the controller (not this one). Then connect this little thing to the appliance output and the appliance to this little bugger, so this little thing will take over the temperature regulation.
I'll be checking this week with one of my much more clued up mates to see if I got thiscl correct :rolleyes:
Then I need to extend the measuring cable...
Then bottle pilsner malt saison & simple cider saison and start testing.
I'm hoping that my old tired solar battery is capable of keeping the temperature as it now doesn't need to work that hard:cool:
If not, then I continue as I have been and move to kveik again in 2 months time

Connect battery on left then your 12v load on right with + on far right.. that's how I'm reading it.

Looms like it'll switch 240v as well as per the relay readout.

On extending them temp probes. I do I just use standard 12v wire I usually use audio jax as my plug in type gizmo.

I hope it works out for you Zambezi be confident you got this.
BANG! Oh no I don't got this Dough lol:p

Looks more compact than an STC1000 it's got a LCD display aye?

Got my delivery
View attachment 21600

But temp controller is going to be interesting. Real small.
Sensor cable is only 25 cm long and I am definitely going to improve on my chinglish....
Not sure if you can see it, but there are 2 wiring schedules in the manual and esp the first one is pretty strange
View attachment 21601
I'm going to hope/guess/assume that mine is the 2nd schedule.
I may even go the the chinese shop in town and ask them.
Or @Robert68 , but I haven't seen him around for a bit
The controller is just a switch. The first diagram is if the load uses 12 volts DC. The second diagram is if the load uses some other voltage, which you have to supply separately.

The relay ratings are easy to see as far as volts and amps go.

Back