What did you get delivered today

Pile of malt, decided to give Great Western a try, just for the hell of it. 10lbs American Pale Ale, 5lbs Munich, 5lbs Crystal 40 and 5 lbs Crystal 60...and 1lb each of Briess Blackprinze and Midnight Wheat. 5lb of Crystal 75 shipped sepereately.

NOICE! I take it that Kindle in the background is monitoring a Tilt?
I had an old one for mine. Worked fine for me. I didn’t have it connected to BF though. It was so my wife could check for me while I was away. I never got around to setting it up to constantly give me updates wherever I am

当然不是!;)
Sweet just thought I'd check lol.
Welcome to the forum I look forward to hearing more from you.

Hope the refractometer is working well for you the one thing I've found on mine is gee you need great eye sight to read that Brix scale.
Unless I'm doing something wrong...

Sweet just thought I'd check lol.
Welcome to the forum I look forward to hearing more from you.

Hope the refractometer is working well for you the one thing I've found on mine is gee you need great eye sight to read that Brix scale.
Unless I'm doing something wrong...

I use the FID digital refractometer, which measures Brix directly on the LCD screen.
And it supports connecting to the Refractometer App.
Besides, the App not only records data but also exports data.
Hope it helps you.;)

I use the FID digital refractometer, which measures Brix directly on the LCD screen.
Hope it helps you.;)
Oh man hum Dinga ripper ! Sounds Snazzy
Yeah still relying on my human Eyeball lol!:D

Hope it helps you.;)
I have heard of electronic refractometers, I need to research these more. My manual refractometer (US$20) is ok but I'd prefer an LCD screen.

Goodies arrived today

4A43E620-9DF2-447F-A692-3F35E5C34F1A.jpeg

I like the WLP029, but I like the Lallamond Koln yeast better

I'm curious what you think of the White Labs kolsch yeast. I've used it once before
i like it but its the only one ive used.. i did back to back kolsch brews last spring with this yeast. Well received and emptied kegs pretty fast.
-I heard PUB was THE yeast to have for English Bitter so...

i like it but its the only one ive used.. i did back to back kolsch brews last spring with this yeast. Well received and emptied kegs pretty fast.
-I heard PUB was THE yeast to have for English Bitter so...
Gotta love a kolsch :) always a crowd pleaser. I agree with Brian, the White Labs kosch yeast is good, but I also prefer the Lallemand Koln yeast. Plus it's dry, so way easier to use

Looks like the Koln gets good reviews but the "pitch two packs" is a little off putting. Shipping liquid in the heat was risky so its nice to know there is a dry yeast option out there. i'll give it a shot next summer if i don't save this yeast.

Back