What did you get delivered today

Glad to see we got some more Belgian beer lovers :p

I did liked it! I have had Belgians like it before, bit this one is my fav. Just the right level of sweet and sour finish.

I am excited to try the barrel aged grand reserve. Aged in whiskey barrel
That one I have not had. Do tell when you try it. I'd be interested to get your take on it.

A hops sampler (and a T-shirt!) from Champlain Valley Hops in Vermont. I visited them 2-1/2 years ago and will finally get to identify the subtle differences to west coast varieties.
61CAD14F-B42A-45FD-8390-6E55695D884A.jpeg

A hops sampler (and a T-shirt!) from Champlain Valley Hops in Vermont. I visited them 2-1/2 years ago and will finally get to identify the subtle differences to west coast varieties.
View attachment 23825
What all was in the sampler? I think I identified cascade and centennial, but it's pretty hard to read the labels. I'm considering doing the same thing so I can try some different stuff. Not sure I'm ready to compare east coast to west coast varieties, but certainly different strains. I'm starting to like this tasting adventure/education, and learning more about how to appreciate what bittering and flavoring does in beer.

What do you use to melt and keep the wax in a liquid state while sealing?

PS: We Are!
Well…that’s a great question. First shot at this, so I’m thinking the wax will go in an old soup can, and that can in a shallow pot of hot water on the stove. The wax melts and stays melted while I dip and run. Seems simple enough. What could possibly go wrong? :p

PS: Penn State!

Well…that’s a great question. First shot at this, so I’m thinking the wax will go in an old soup can, and that can in a shallow pot of hot water on the stove. The wax melts and stays melted while I dip and run. Seems simple enough. What could possibly go wrong? :p

PS: Penn State!
Just make sure it's the family size cans lol. Bottles will displaced allot

What all was in the sampler? I think I identified cascade and centennial, but it's pretty hard to read the labels. I'm considering doing the same thing so I can try some different stuff. Not sure I'm ready to compare east coast to west coast varieties, but certainly different strains. I'm starting to like this tasting adventure/education, and learning more about how to appreciate what bittering and flavoring does in beer.
Gee, I meant to respond but it got lost.

2 oz of each:
Magnum, Chinook, Centennial, Nugget, Crystal, Cascade and Willamette. They grow other varieties in limited quantities, but this is their basic sampler.

I finally got all of the pieces together to replace the 3/8" brass ball valve on my mash tun with a stainless steel 1/2" one. I originally ordered the assembly from MoreBeer... the description said it would work with a cooler, but apparently mine is thicker than what they use. They weren't exactly helpful with options, but I found a longer bulkhead through BrewHardware.com (first time using them). It got here today and worked like a charm.

PS: The old assembly used a screen from a braided hose attached to the barb. I've replaced that with a brew bag the size of my cooler. Could be a coincidence, but my efficiency with the brew bag for the first time was about 15 points higher than with the screen. Yay me.

IMG-2326.jpg

I finally got all of the pieces together to replace the 3/8" brass ball valve on my mash tun with a stainless steel 1/2" one. I originally ordered the assembly from MoreBeer... the description said it would work with a cooler, but apparently mine is thicker than what they use. They weren't exactly helpful with options, but I found a longer bulkhead through BrewHardware.com (first time using them). It got here today and worked like a charm.

PS: The old assembly used a screen from a braided hose attached to the barb. I've replaced that with a brew bag the size of my cooler. Could be a coincidence, but my efficiency with the brew bag for the first time was about 15 points higher than with the screen. Yay me.

View attachment 23966
Nothing like an improvement, or two.

Got bottle tops
Star san
Maris otter
Vienna
Toasted barley
Amber malt

Very happy. Found a fellow brewer in LSK (much bigger, much more sophisticated, but not too much) and I can buy malt from him
And he is next to a Thai restaurant :)

Back