What did you get delivered today

I too just got a delivery. Because of the lack of skilled HGV drivers in the UK - because the bosses don't want to pay the drivers a decent wage - there are delivery problems between farms and maltsters and HB shops so I decided to get my orders in early.
Just over 200lbs (98kg) of grains, 1kg of various hops and several missing yeasts. All to be added to inventory over a cup of tea...
Oooh! Can I come over to drink all that beer?? :rolleyes:

2 x 25kg of Maris Otter, 1 x 25kg Pilsner and 1 x partial used Maris Otter Extra Pale. Not shown is another sack with 20 kg of Amber.

Have I over done it? lol I plan to be busy during the next Lock down.
Great effort I say.
It wont go to waste.
Never enough malt aye;)!

Got a tap and carb-serving cap for gallon kegs. I'm thinking of doing 4 liter batches and an setting up to keg them.

Dill pickle Berliner Weiss (too tart for Gose) to be packaged this weekend, brewing Dark Kölsch.

Got a tap and carb-serving cap for gallon kegs. I'm thinking of doing 4 liter batches and an setting up to keg them.

Dill pickle Berliner Weiss (too tart for Gose) to be packaged this weekend, brewing Dark Kölsch.
You using a mini keg with one of those all in one tapping heads? I've been thinking of doing something like that so I'd be interested in how you find it.

Dark kolsch intreeged me I'm looking forward to seeing that.

I'd imagine midnight wheat might be install for the grist or that from weyerman Sinimar?

You using a mini keg with one of those all in one tapping heads? I've been thinking of doing something like that so I'd be interested in how you find it.
It's an idea I'm trying. Moving to four liter test brews.

I've recently started doing 5-7 litre batches for my imperials and new recipes. I'm enjoying the simplicity of the smaller size. It's something I can easily fit in after work if neither of us are cooking in the evening.

screened keg hopers finally, got 2 today

51LNGhmioEL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

I need to get one of those....
Picnic tap delivered yesterday which isn’t exciting but need for the bigger keg due to fridge space
Just a heads up if you are looking for small kegs, I have one of those and it BARELY fits in my 2.5 gallon kegs. Not sure if all 2.5gal kegs are the same size...

Just a heads up if you are looking for small kegs, I have one of those and it BARELY fits in my 2.5 gallon kegs. Not sure if all 2.5gal kegs are the same size...
Thank you I didn’t think about that. I was going to get the cheapest lol.

I bought one something like that, maybe it was a bit bigger, but the top would not stay on . Threaded top piece just pops off.

I had a chance to look at it this morning and it is the small one that would fit into a keg. It just has defective threads , i had planned to return it but never got around to it. Never did use it, not a chance the lid would stay put. I would have to use a couple ss screws.

I had a chance to look at it this morning and it is the small one that would fit into a keg. It just has defective threads , i had planned to return it but never got around to it. Never did use it, not a chance the lid would stay put. I would have to use a couple ss screws.
I was going to suggest some plastic to 'embiggen' the threads so they catch, but I am not a fan of plastics with food.
Maybe a couple layers of aluminum foil, carefully wrapped in the correct direction?

Back