What did you get delivered today

Yeah I'm just anxious because I'm afraid if the shipment gets lost that they'll run out of hops again before shipping a replacement and the California Common was supposed to be my March brew. Really don't want to push it back too much either because the WY 2112 I got is dated 20 May 2021. I suppose if I had to I could save the northern brewer I already have for flavor and use another neutral bittering hop.
I think I actually ended up calling them with my shipment. In a pinch, Cluster works very well also.

This should keep me going for a while. A buddy if mine says it is more like Maris Otter than a standard 2 row. I feel bad not buying locally made product, but for $15 less per bag, for what my friend says is a better malt...
20210217_163255.jpg
20210217_163300.jpg

Neat I haven't gotten into the bags from our local maltster that I scored a killer deal on. You're going to have a brew a bunch of chili pun based beers.

So heard back from MoreBeer and they're willing to replace the order but as I feared the hops are now on backorder. I decided to have them send them and just push that brew back a month or so since everything for my next 2 after that is ready to go. Only concern is that the WY 2112 is dated 20 May 2021. If it's closer to the date maybe I should just make a bigger starter? Maybe I should stop by the LHBS and pick up a packet or 2 of dry lager yeast as a backup. Anyone have a dry strain they've used in California Common that they'd recommend?

So heard back from MoreBeer and they're willing to replace the order but as I feared the hops are now on backorder. I decided to have them send them and just push that brew back a month or so since everything for my next 2 after that is ready to go. Only concern is that the WY 2112 is dated 20 May 2021. If it's closer to the date maybe I should just make a bigger starter? Maybe I should stop by the LHBS and pick up a packet or 2 of dry lager yeast as a backup. Anyone have a dry strain they've used in California Common that they'd recommend?

You could build up a supply of healthy yeast by creating a starter now. It will then be ready whenever the hops arrive.

If you create a 2L starter and save the whole slurry I would say at least 3 months.

Neat I haven't gotten into the bags from our local maltster that I scored a killer deal on. You're going to have a brew a bunch of chili pun based beers.
I like your wit Hawk.
I was going to brew my Cranberry Chocolate Stout to bottle next ( to bottle and agefor next Christmas), maybe I should brew some kind of Mexican Chocolate Stout...

at least 3 months
I concur. I have yeast slurry from previous batches that were 6-8 weeks old at pitch, and fermented vigorously. At fridge temps it lasts a looong time

I can't stop myself. The latest negative cash flow. Maris Otter, London and 34/70 yeast, 3 gal fermenter, 1.5 gal torpedo, lotus hopsView attachment 14462
Very nice. I really like the lid to that fermenter. If my Speidel has one fault it’s that the lid has no good way to apply leverage for getting it off. It can be a bear to remove sometimes.

Very nice. I really like the lid to that fermenter. If my Speidel has one fault it’s that the lid has no good way to apply leverage for getting it off. It can be a bear to remove sometimes.
I have never had an issue with my speidel lids

As soft as the O ring for the Speidel lid is, it requires very little more than snugging to seal. Maybe back off on tightening a bit, or use some keg lube on it. I've never had a problem with mine getting stuck.

Hmm...
I do use a bit of keg lube on the gasket, but I probably am over tightening a bit. Seems like sometimes it comes right off, other times I have to soak it in hot water first. I’ll go with a little more finesse next time I screw it on.

Actually, it’s good to know it’s just me having the problem so it should be easily correctable.
Thanks @Craigerrr @BOB357

No deliveries here.
Actually nobody delivers here
Except my friends, if I ask them real nice.
Latest incoming (delivery by myself): cement.
Oh, and apple juice for my cider.
And a ball cock valve (but without fittings).
Since I could only find 1, it's going to go to my milkcan fermenter. It was actually meant for my shower ;):);)

That's actually a $4 item that I just set it on the lid of the 3 gal Fermonster. I read where folks where having issues getting them of after fermentation so I bought the the lid tool.

Might wait though because it's 3.99 on MoreBeer but without the free shipping program it's going to cost $7 to ship. It's like $10 on Amazon with prime so I think I'll just put it with my next ingredient order from MoreBeer. In the meantime I'm just going to lube that gasket up

Back