What did you get delivered today

Man watching American commentators in hockey is painful. I got NHL20 for xbox to play with a friend and they don't even make sense. What the hell is a half wall? What the hell is a frame?

Man watching American commentators in hockey is painful. I got NHL20 for xbox to play with a friend and they don't even make sense. What the hell is a half wall? What the hell is a frame?
Halfwall is the sideboards. Might get better now that Doc Emrick has retired. I never got his appeal. No clue what a frame is. The NHL series was better with Gary Thorne. I thought Harry Neale was on it at one point but I could be mistaken. I miss him from doing color on Sabres games after he left HNIC. Also no clue what a frame is...

Based on context I think they mean period but it is confusing as hell.

Based on context I think they mean period but it is confusing as hell.
Oh yes you're correct. Again a lot of it I think is more Emrick than it is American. Unfortunately I think a lot of more mid-aged American play-by-play guys learned from him. A big chunk of 35 and younger fans don't really care for him though

Good then, I grew up on CBC so I know proper hockey lingo. ;)

Good then, I grew up on CBC so I know proper hockey lingo. ;)
Well I grew up listening to Rick Jeanneret who is a St. Catherine's boy. Actually still lives there and commutes across the border for games so I'm actually a little he might finally fully retire if he can't cross for games. Fortunately Dan Dunleavy who is his heir apparent and does most of their road games also knows what he's talking about and is pretty good. Now that I think about it I'm pretty sure all the on air talent on their TV broadcasts is all Canadian.

Dunleavy use to be on sports radio in TO, wondered where he went.

That's a plus. I don't watch a lot of hockey these days.
To get back on track though I got my RO filters delivered today so I can keep brewing. :)

back to deliveries:

Almost impossible to take a picture of something so shiny
01 kettle.jpg

L;arstein maisch kettle.
Simple operation. Got a setting for temperature and it has a timer.
Now I got to hope that my solar system can handle the wattage. Otherwise its brewing on the genny (in which case I will do the mash in this kettle and the boiling on the gas stove).
We will see (once I'm back and managed to dug out my other brewing equipment

And I got myself another present:
03 grain mill.jpg

Did you get it in The Netherlands and are taking it home?

Yep.
It goes in my suitcase.
Well, the kettle will go in a big bag. In the box it got delivered in, but filled up with whatever I can get inside the kettle and the open area in the box

back to deliveries:

Almost impossible to take a picture of something so shiny
View attachment 12922
L;arstein maisch kettle.
Simple operation. Got a setting for temperature and it has a timer.
Now I got to hope that my solar system can handle the wattage. Otherwise its brewing on the genny (in which case I will do the mash in this kettle and the boiling on the gas stove).
We will see (once I'm back and managed to dug out my other brewing equipment

And I got myself another present:
View attachment 12923
Sounds like your off grid there Zambezi.
I run 6.4kw of solar on my roof here and if I time it so I'm hitting the end of mash around 10:30 11AM I'm easily boiling for nothing.
Might just be a timing thing for you;).

Nice! Probably easier than trying to order it at home?
Yep.
Closest place to get anything nearby is South Africa. But thats a mission with transport, even in pre-corona days

Sounds like your off grid there Zambezi.
I run 6.4kw of solar on my roof here and if I time it so I'm hitting the end of mash around 10:30 11AM I'm easily boiling for nothing.
Might just be a timing thing for you;).
I recently got a 5 kva system installed and I was thinking along similar lines ;)
Gotta make sure mashing and boiling is done by the end of the morning, on a clear day, so the batteries can recharge if necessary.
I got 3 panels only, 330 watt each, so will need some battery charge as well. Eventually, I will buy another 3 panels, but I haven't got the money right now

I recently got a 5 kva system installed and I was thinking along similar lines ;)
Gotta make sure mashing and boiling is done by the end of the morning, on a clear day, so the batteries can recharge if necessary.
I got 3 panels only, 330 watt each, so will need some battery charge as well. Eventually, I will buy another 3 panels, but I haven't got the money right now
Yeah an element will put a tremendous strain on your batteries easily the thirstiest drainer outside of the toaster. I hope you can but gee you must have a large battery system to cope with the draw:rolleyes:?

We'll see.
But I do have a 2.5 kva and a 7.5 kva generator as back up.
Closest power line is about 10 km away and after 7 months with basically no power (I just used the genny's for grinding, drilling and welding) I'm pretty chuffed with what I have :)
We'll make a plan !

Back