What did you get delivered today

I went and took some pictures.
upload_2020-11-12_16-28-52.png

upload_2020-11-12_16-29-8.png

upload_2020-11-12_16-29-22.png

2 buckets and a piece 2x2 with 2 screws in it was all I needed.

The duct tape doesn't stick very well which is why there is so much of it. If you cut the cover a bit longer it could fit inside the base but I didn't.

Nice, looks great! Speaking of grain flying everywhere...what did you use for shielding? I'm going to the hardware store tomorrow for parts for mods :) I'll post an update if I can get everything to work...
Can you use aluminum foil as a temporary fix until you decide in something more permanent?

No reason you couldn't, so long as it doesn't move on you while milling. It throws a lot of dust up with this type of mill, as you can see from my bottom picture.

Nice, looks great! Speaking of grain flying everywhere...what did you use for shielding? I'm going to the hardware store tomorrow for parts for mods :) I'll post an update if I can get everything to work...
I took an extra peice of poster board, cut it to fit and made it into a cone over top of the bucket and duct taped it in place. Then I took a small peice and duct taped it above the opening to make a door so I can reach inside. Works ok. Doesn't stop everything just most of it. Is probably less effective than the upside down bucket

That's mostly how I have mine set up too. I cut the bottom off the bucket I mounted to and made a shroud out of it, then I just put it in another bucket to catch the grain.
Yeah I have the bottom of the bucket cut too, I didn't cut it high enough to do that though. The bottom part of the bucket is only like 3 inches deep

Yeah I didn't cut mine high enouvh either but it nearly works without duct tape.

This is what I had delivered today. Bunch of grain and hops for a few different brews. I got some American 2 -row, some 6 row, Marris Otter, victory malt, British crystal 50-60L, flaked corn, crystal hops, Citra and Kent goldings. Think I might have just a little bit of fun with this.
IMG_20201113_135325.jpg

This is what I had delivered today. Bunch of grain and hops for a few different brews. I got some American 2 -row, some 6 row, Marris Otter, victory malt, British crystal 50-60L, flaked corn, crystal hops, Citra and Kent goldings. Think I might have just a little bit of fun with this.View attachment 12860
Whatcha got planned for the 6 row?

Here's the 1st iteration: caught maybe 90% overall. I'm going to need a beefier cover if I decide to motorize this thing. I'm pretty pleased with it, and I hit my preboil gravity exactly!View attachment 12862
Dang, how long did it take you to mill all your grain manually? Usually takes me 3-5 minutes to do 10 lbs with my power drill, usually refill the hopper about twice

If you just remove the handle you can use the threads for a hex bolt and then just use a socket with a power drill. Don't ask me what size hex bolt though, don't remember. I remember it's metric though. I just took the screw/bolt for the handle into Lowe's and used the threading guides in the hardware aisle to figure it out.

Dang, how long did it take you to mill all your grain manually? Usually takes me 3-5 minutes to do 10 lbs with my power drill, usually refill the hopper about twice
I took my time so that I could get everything set and mess around with the tupperware lol I only did 3 lbs which helps. I bet next time will be faster. I bought the hex bolt today so I'm ready to add my drill in the future

Looks like we got the same mill. This is what the end result of my modifications looks like (minus the sheilding that keeps grain from flying everywhere)View attachment 12841

Like to see any mods you make to yours.
You are a regular Red Green!
Duct tape FTW!

Ooooooh
What's in that there barrel TW?
Right now other than the Four Roses cork stuck in the bung, nothing. We just finished with a batch of rum. Which is quite tasty! We haven't yet agreed on what we'll fill it with next. Probably whiskey!

I only have vague memories of Red/green. My dad used to watch it now and then. They have Dish now so they don't get any Canadian stations. I don't know if Buffalo cable still carries CBC, likely not since it's now all spectrum instead of the old regional companies. Used to be nice to have the option of the HNIC feed over Versus/NBC in the playoffs.

Back