What did you get delivered today

Stainless bottling wand, going to be bottling from keg under a bit of pressure, instead of bottling bucket, wanted something a little more sturdier than plastic.
Fermzilla floating pick up, will use this when I have a hazy on tap, last couple I had issues with hop debris blocking the liquid post.
The four grommets are for making a Co2 trap for when cold crashing.
The gas post with 1/2" MNPT is for connecting gas to my fridge, already have the bulkhead in place, will show a pic of this in the DIY thread.
Carb cap tee, going to see if I can use a 1L or 2L soda bottle as a mini keg when I am on the go. This will mainly be for when I have drained some beer from the fermenter to get an early sample.
The duo-tight bulkhead fitting I will add to one of the caps for my speidel. This will be to connect Co2 at approximately 1-2 PSI when draining to keg. This will prevent oxygen ingress during transfer, and maybe help speed up the transfer as well.
Also picked up a couple packets of Lallemand VOSS, some DME, and a bit of Special B that I need for an upcoming brew.

20201021_135741[1].jpg

I’ve got an IPA planned for an early November brew day. I picked up this stainless mesh thingy with the intent of trying a dry hop in the keg. Now the question is, will it fit in a 2.5 gal corny? o_O

If not, I suppose I can always use it to hold the onions in my red sauce...

View attachment 12405
Just fits!! I was able to sneak the lid on without issue. I’ll put it to use in a couple of weeks with an IPA that I’m still agonizing over as to the hop schedule. I’m sure I’ll get a thread going soon looking for suggestions on that.

6581C8B4-6AE5-4414-973A-17782114C0C7.jpeg

Just fits!! I was able to sneak the lid on without issue. I’ll put it to use in a couple of weeks with an IPA that I’m still agonizing over as to the hop schedule. I’m sure I’ll get a thread going soon looking for suggestions on that.

View attachment 12557
Nice! Love it when sh*t works! I also really like keg hopping. I've made some mediocre beers very enjoyable keg hopping.

View attachment 12557
Awesome you've paved the way for others Megary!

Just sitting around after getting my chores done and decided to try out the Smoke Tube, It's been going going for a little over 2 hours and has burnt about 35 to 40% of the pellets. (the black band is what's currently burning) Nice sweet smoke and lots of it. The Traeger isn't on, so all of the smoke is from the tube. I'm impressed. This is the Skoo Pellet Smoker I found on Amazon. Other brands are probably comparable. Anybody that wants to cold smoke or add some serious smoke to cooks on any type of grill, You gotta check these things out.

View attachment 12453
@BOB357 took your recommendation and got a pellet tube. Smoked a small 3 lb. brisket on my gas grill using indirect heat as a test before going whole hog (or cow) and it came out great. Tube lasted about 4.5 hours. I noticed the smoke increase when the burn got to the end of the tube that was over the flame. Next time I’ll place it across the front where there is no flame.
175A412F-3AA8-4CEA-8E9D-1005C53AEE11.jpeg

I got mine delivered but haven't used it yet. It's getting cold here so trying to figure out the best way to use it.

I've got an 8.3 lb, pastrami brisket going on the pellet grill tomorrow and will be using the tube. Did a spatchcocked chicken a couple of days ago that came out great. I'm liking this tube.

@BOB357 took your recommendation and got a pellet tube. Smoked a small 3 lb. brisket on my gas grill using indirect heat as a test before going whole hog (or cow) and it came out great. Tube lasted about 4.5 hours. I noticed the smoke increase when the burn got to the end of the tube that was over the flame. Next time I’ll place it across the front where there is no flame.
View attachment 12743
Holy crap! How big is that grill?!!

Actually delivered Saturday. Found these mats on Amazon for 2 bucks and change apiece. Was a bit skeptical at he price, but really happy with the product. Nice looking,
Mats1.jpg

And they stand off of the surface , allowing good air circulation if the glassware is damp.
Mats2.jpg

Also like the fact that they aren't rigid and slick, so not much chance of a catastrophe if you bump a glass. Non porous, so easy to clean. Interlocking 12" x 12" each. Free shipping with Prime.

New grain mill delivered, and I picked up grain from the LHBS for the next 3 batches (extra pale ale)View attachment 12834
Looks like we got the same mill. This is what the end result of my modifications looks like (minus the sheilding that keeps grain from flying everywhere)
IMG_20201106_221101__01.jpg

Like to see any mods you make to yours.

That's mostly how I have mine set up too. I cut the bottom off the bucket I mounted to and made a shroud out of it, then I just put it in another bucket to catch the grain.

Looks like we got the same mill. This is what the end result of my modifications looks like (minus the sheilding that keeps grain from flying everywhere)View attachment 12841

Like to see any mods you make to yours.
Nice, looks great! Speaking of grain flying everywhere...what did you use for shielding? I'm going to the hardware store tomorrow for parts for mods :) I'll post an update if I can get everything to work...

Back