What did you get delivered today

I just received some Oat malt, 2 Hard seltzer kits to brew as well as Safele T38 and Lalbrew Nottingham.

What about the door?
It can wait priorities man!
Actually I asked the missus "I can either do the door today or brew beer whatdyathink"? She said Neither your not home to do that your looking after the baby!:oops:

Anyhow she had a nap I rocked the baby to sleep then mashed in:p!

Let's just say I'm not in her good books now

Actually I asked the missus "I can either do the door today or brew beer whatdyathink"? She said Neither your not home to do that your looking after the baby!:oops:

Time management...
I plan most of my homebrewing activities around naptime. That being said a toddler's nap/sleep schedule is a lot more regular and predictable than a newborns.

I'm actually debating if I want to try to do my first BIAB brew tomorrow. It's actually my last day of vacation technically but I agreed to go in for a few hours to help with the delivery. So I would wake up at 3am, be at work at 4, leave at 8. Grab breakfast, get home around 8:45/9. Relieve my mother-in-law who's watching him for a couple hours while my wife is at work. Mash in around 11ish, down for nap around 12 then start my boil and hope I can be mostly wrapped up by 2:30-3 and that he doesn't wake up early and then cleanup and hold down the fort till my wife gets home after 5. My heart says go for it but the more I think about it my brain says wait till Tuesday when I'm off work again

Well sometimes you have place a wager.....you win some....you lose some..... In your case you got both.;)

Time management...
I plan most of my homebrewing activities around naptime. That being said a toddler's nap/sleep schedule is a lot more regular and predictable than a newborns.

I'm actually debating if I want to try to do my first BIAB brew tomorrow. It's actually my last day of vacation technically but I agreed to go in for a few hours to help with the delivery. So I would wake up at 3am, be at work at 4, leave at 8. Grab breakfast, get home around 8:45/9. Relieve my mother-in-law who's watching him for a couple hours while my wife is at work. Mash in around 11ish, down for nap around 12 then start my boil and hope I can be mostly wrapped up by 2:30-3 and that he doesn't wake up early and then cleanup and hold down the fort till my wife gets home after 5. My heart says go for it but the more I think about it my brain says wait till Tuesday when I'm off work again
Wait....no need to put pressure on for your first BIAB. Ease into man....ease into it.:D

Baptism by Fire my friend I feel the force is strong in you. Would make for a killer fist Biab brew day:).
Missed my window today. It's ok cause I would have had to buy ice to cool down the wort when now hopefully I can make enough by Tuesday to make up the difference and not spend the like $3

If you didn't mess up every once in a while, she wouldn't appreciate them times you was so good!
It's kinda like why God made mosquitoes. It was so's you would really appreciate when they was NOT around!

And I got a hundred count bag of hop socks!

A few grains, hops, and yeast for my upcoming Hop Blonde v4, a false bottom for the Grainfather, some flavorings, and some Fermcap.
PXL_20200926_160850588.jpg

Got supplies delivered yesterday, but the order was short a box that had 10 lbs. of 2-row. Checked this morning and the FedEx site showed that the bar code was unscannable. They replaced the shipping label and It showed up this afternoon. All set to brew this weekend.

Got supplies delivered yesterday, but the order was short a box that had 10 lbs. of 2-row. Checked this morning and the FedEx site showed that the bar code was unscannable. They replaced the shipping label and It showed up this afternoon. All set to brew this weekend.
Nice follow through by FedEx! Nice to hear that they were able to figure that out!

DIY Chiller build:):)
Yes, plans for a two pass unit. Let me other DIY unit go when I sold my 10G system. The Brewzilla Chilla is less than spectacular, will likely repurpose it for a pre-chiller for the warmer months.

Yes, plans for a two pass unit. Let me other DIY unit go when I sold my 10G system. The Brewzilla Chilla is less than spectacular, will likely repurpose it for a pre-chiller for the warmer months.
Warmer months bah ha ha ha you live in Canada remember :p:p:p.

Seriously though yep good idea;).

Back