What did you get delivered today

Yeah, it took quite a bit of searching to find out what exactly my pinlock were and of course I have 3 different ones. That's another reason for the swap. Some of the poppets and whatnot are hard to come by these days, or the correct ones at least. Seems everyone wants to carry universal and that just isn't the case when you go to put them in. I want everything the same across the board and once complete I will label each and will only take 1 keg apart at a time so not to mix up the ball lock posts. Maybe someday when I'm rich and famous I'll buy all brand new kegs that are exactly the same!

Keep your fingers crossed for me because it really has been a chore already!
I feel ya man second hand can be a jumbled mess as you know I've got kegs in my possession older than I am I think 1970's.
Parts are scarce for them but it's like restoring an old car you know all metal no plastic they don't make em like they used to type thing...

Spunding valve parts:
20200911_121152.jpg

Spunding valve assembled:
20200911_122055.jpg

Spunding valve parts:
View attachment 11885
Spunding valve assembled:
View attachment 11886
If the gauge has a rubber piece sticking out of the top, you are supposed to snip it of to allow the case to breathe, at low pressure it shouldn't matter too much. If you do snip it though, you will obviously just want to keep it upright at all times. Ya, I sell gauges...

If the gauge has a rubber piece sticking out of the top, you are supposed to snip it of to allow the case to breathe, at low pressure it shouldn't matter too much. If you do snip it though, you will obviously just want to keep it upright at all times. Ya, I sell gauges...
I'll have to check for the rubber part, didn't see one.

If you do have a rubber piece, it's actually there in case you ever want or need to refill the gauge. For a spunding valve, I can't imagine you'd ever need to refill or replace. I install liquid gauges on just about every piece of new equipment I install that requires a gauge mostly because of temperatures, vibration, pressure fluctuations and conditions where they are.

northern brewer order came
8 pounds of maris otter
3 pounds of Pilsner
3 pounds of Munich
1 pound of flakes barely
34/70 yeast
Some cleaner
I'm going to have to start ordering everything online most likely. Our last local homebrew shop in these parts it's closing in October. Sucks, Root Shoot Malting is right across the street from and I won't be able to buy their grains.

I don’t go in stores (germ a phone) and I don’t have a local place. There are few liquor stores that are an hour away in different directions That have some home brewing stuff but I wasn’t brewing last time I was in one.

If you do have a rubber piece, it's actually there in case you ever want or need to refill the gauge. For a spunding valve, I can't imagine you'd ever need to refill or replace. I install liquid gauges on just about every piece of new equipment I install that requires a gauge mostly because of temperatures, vibration, pressure fluctuations and conditions where they are.
Not critical to vent a gauge, you can just use a screwdriver to allow the pressure to equalize, or not. The affect on accuracy is minimal, and actually inconsequential at spunding pressures.

Just saw this, but I think I've discussed it elsewhere.

Back