What did you get delivered today

Use a very slow drill rpm like 500 or so and use cutting oil. If you overheat the SS it will harden it and then you're in for some fun.

Well shit. Where were you 3 days ago when I did this without asking?

Those ground strips that you attach to your car, and dangle to the road surface really help. Our dog is fine in the car now, be for the first couple years she was a barfer too.

Really? I have no idea why that would make a difference but I'll see if I can find one. She's a lot better than she used to be but it's not worth the risk.

We've got a puker too. I've wondered if CBD drops might help. Then maybe I wouldn't be as stressed.:D
I travelled around Aus with a Dog thank God she wasn't a puker or we wouldn't of went far.
I hear dogs get car sick I suppose I would too if I hung my head out the window with my tongue hanging out at 100km/hour!

Really? I have no idea why that would make a difference but I'll see if I can find one. She's a lot better than she used to be but it's not worth the risk.
I believe that is a static electricity thing, they are grounding strips actually.

I believe that was what those were intended for, I never understood how they worked.

I received a couple gaskets for my 30L Speidel fermenter. The original one expanded to where it would not stay on the cap anymore. I think I let it sit in Star San overnight once or twice. Plus I used Oxy Clean on it. Has anyone has problems with these gaskets?

Not yet, but I can imagine it happening for the large hole at the top.

Got a bag of pils malt Joe white some Carrara special 2 Thomas Fawcett dark crystal some lager yeast. This'll tie me over for a fair smack. Also got some Topaz Aus Hops keen to sink my taste buds into a late hopped lite ale.
Anyone try this hop?

I received a couple gaskets for my 30L Speidel fermenter. The original one expanded to where it would not stay on the cap anymore. I think I let it sit in Star San overnight once or twice. Plus I used Oxy Clean on it. Has anyone has problems with these gaskets?

I just give mine a good rinse with hot tap water after use and let it dry along with the other pieces.Once dry I assemble everything, including the airlock, leave the spigot open, and store until ready to use. When the wort is chilling I sanitize the fermenter and cap components, so the big O ring is only in Starsan for maybe 5 minutes. No problem so far.

SS spigot for my Speidel. The mechanism is a lot more substantial and the action a lot smoother than the plastic one. I use it as a bottling bucket with a 9” piece of 1/2” i.d. tube attached.

Attachments

• 18C5D2FE-0D34-4BF2-83DE-2DC7F4D1A876.jpeg
    18C5D2FE-0D34-4BF2-83DE-2DC7F4D1A876.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 97
Oooh Snazzy.

I just give mine a good rinse with hot tap water after use and let it dry along with the other pieces.Once dry I assemble everything, including the airlock, leave the spigot open, and store until ready to use. When the wort is chilling I sanitize the fermenter and cap components, so the big O ring is only in Starsan for maybe 5 minutes. No problem so far.
I do much the same
SS spigot for my Speidel. The mechanism is a lot more substantial and the action a lot smoother than the plastic one. I use it as a bottling bucket with a 9” piece of 1/2” i.d. tube attached.
I've seen those, what is the benefit over the standard issue spigot?

The oring they provide would be a white food grade Nitrile, it would definitely break down over time if left in starsan.

I do much the same

I've seen those, what is the benefit over the standard issue spigot?

Part of it is tactile for me. I like the feel of a solid piece of SS vs. plastic. Another thing is I found it counterintuitive that the plastic spigot is in the off position when the handle is perpendicular to the bucket and on when it’s horizontal. The SS spigot is the opposite (the correct way in my mind). Lastly, since it’s a ball valve, my tube does rotate when I turn the spigot.

A pound each of Simcoe, Bravo and Liberty pellets, along with 2 packs each of Mangrove Jack Liberty Bell Ale and New World Strong Ale yeasts.
I was absolutely amazed at how fast the order arrived, especially since it traveled from Oregon to Tennessee and then back here to Nevada. Here's the history copied from FedEx. All of this travel for an $8 flat rate package.

• Tuesday , 7/07/2020
    12:48 pm
    FALLON, NV
    Delivered
    Left at front door. Package delivered to recipient address - release authorized
  • 8:17 am
    RENO, NV
    On FedEx vehicle for delivery
  • 7:11 am
    RENO, NV
    At local FedEx facility
  • 5:56 am
    RENO, NV
    At destination sort facility
  • 5:28 am
    MEMPHIS, TN
    Departed FedEx location