What did you get delivered today

The digital remote thermometer I use for smoking/grilling $hit the bed. I always keep a backup and use the timer function for brewing. Discovered this 3 channel count down timer and decided to get it instead of another digital remote. Good reviews, and couldn't be more simple to set up. Played with it a bit and thinking it'll do just fine for boil and addition timer. Even though it's only 3 timers, each programs and operates totally independently, so once the first one goes off you can reset it for a later addition if needed.

Timer.jpg

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CDK0MM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My new JaDeD Mantis IWC. Upgrade. Hopefully, it lives up to the hype. Summer ground temp water in Georgia is somewhat warm. Even with running water through a pre-chiller my current equipment is taking a while to cool.

Attachments

• C1425BFA-5D5C-47FE-8A87-654BD7C953F7.jpeg
    C1425BFA-5D5C-47FE-8A87-654BD7C953F7.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 115
My new JaDeD Mantis IWC. Upgrade. Hopefully, it lives up to the hype. Summer ground temp water in Georgia is somewhat warm. Even with running water through a pre-chiller my current equipment is taking a while to cool.

Don't expect to get down to a lower temperature, but you will definitely get there faster.

Jaded chillers works fantastic, but like @BOB357 said, it's not going to make your water colder. It'll only take you down to whatever temp you're putting through it. Stir your wort with it and it will cool very quickly.

I have a Hydra my wife bought me for my birthday and it screams along chilling. Only real downside of it was it was to big to fit in a Robobrew so if I went that route I'd have no use for it.

My new Tilt hydrometer/thermometer was delivered 2 weeks ago. it's already in the fermenter with my latest cream ale. I'm pretty pleased so far. I've learned S-05 is a beast for about 5 days then is slows down to a bizzare crawl for the next 10. I think I am going to try a WLP080 or WLP001 next batch.

I just checked. My Tilt hydrometer should be home when I get there. Just in time to try out in the Saison I'll brew this weekend.

Got crossbars for my Escape so we can use the roof rack, our dog takes up the back seat and while she doesn't really need the whole thing she does tend to barf on trips so she can have it. Ordered a Greenlee step bit for my kettle drilling project that should be here tomorrow. If that works well I will be chuffed.

Got crossbars for my Escape so we can use the roof rack, our dog takes up the back seat and while she doesn't really need the whole thing she does tend to barf on trips so she can have it. Ordered a Greenlee step bit for my kettle drilling project that should be here tomorrow. If that works well I will be chuffed.
Those ground strips that you attach to your car, and dangle to the road surface really help. Our dog is fine in the car now, be for the first couple years she was a barfer too.

Back