What are you drinking right now?

A well deserved pull from the tap after a hard weekend of moving and unpacking

Attachments

• 20170319_211836.jpg
    20170319_211836.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 119
Drinking a White I brewed, came out quite good. 50/50 Pilsner and Wheat, spiced it with orange peel, satsuma peel, cardamom, and coriander, hopped with Saaz and whirlpooled with Amarillo, WLP400. It's tasty. 5% ABV and 20 IBUs (not factoring the whirlpool)

That's some nice lacing on the brew there jmcnamara a quality brew! I'm drinking on of my bottle conditioned Shh it's swartzy brews from back round Christmas with the home roasted malt not as good as out the keg never as fresh tasting I find but still a tasty drop and crystal clear too. Cheers all:)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    388.4 KB · Views: 160
Thanks for not calling me to help!
My wife arranged some movers. Really surprised at how young they were (3 were not even drinking age) and how fast and personable they were.
Really weird to just sit around while they did all the work, but also super nice.
I'm an adult gosh darn it (at least by age) and I can afford some luxuries. And that's the same argument I used on wife in order to buy new plungers

Well here she is my berries saison. Yep not the colour I was looking for but gee this beer is really shaping up now since Kegging. Nice creamy head that persists to finish leaves lacing on the glass and is very sessionable. Bitterness is spot on! Mouthfeel is good and Finnish is fairly dry but just right and leaves a slight pepper ness in the back of the mouth
Aroma is fruity but no berries.

I see what the Belgians ment by this beer being digestable:)

I added a photo of the finished glass to show lacing. Yummie

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    359.8 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    275.7 KB · Views: 168
@LlewellynBrewHaus hey mate I know your brewing an French Saison thought I'd flick a pick of my other passionfruit saison up. Plenty of fruity passionfruit on the nose and pepper and spice but I'm thinking now that Saisons are best left for a week or three to let the flavours mature as they both are tasting pleasant.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    363.8 KB · Views: 151
Good looking brew @Trialben ...I'll have to shoot a reply pic of mine in a bout 2 weeks ... trying a new process on this saison ..hung dryhops in keg and purged with CO2 than transferred (before hit FG )at 1.014 with 2oz table sugar and holding temp at 70 F . Yeast should scrub out remaining O2 and condition beer to around 4 vol f it did my math right :D

Good looking brew @Trialben ...I'll have to shoot a reply pic of mine in a bout 2 weeks ... trying a new process on this saison ..hung dryhops in keg and purged with CO2 than transferred (before hit FG )at 1.014 with 2oz table sugar and holding temp at 70 F . Yeast should scrub out remaining O2 and condition beer to around 4 vol f it did my math right :D
Sounds good mAte just hope that's a big hop as this yeAst loves to dominate lol. But if it's a spicy Nobel hop it should add some spice to the party saison is still a mystery to me.

Finally got my attempt at a Guinness clone carbed up and pouring - first nitro! Very smooth, dry, still missing the twang but that's in the works. Not sure if I should use the soured Guinness I have in my freezer, or lactic acid? Thoughts welcomed!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-03-31-05-55-38_resized_1.png
    Screenshot_2017-03-31-05-55-38_resized_1.png
    872.5 KB · Views: 94
  • Screenshot_2017-03-31-05-54-25.png
    Screenshot_2017-03-31-05-54-25.png
    998.2 KB · Views: 96
Drinking my creamy berry saison nice dry slightly sweet brew. Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 141
First pour of my Camden Helles inspired lager that I kegged yesterday. It's poured into a glass that says "Village Pump, Kelleys Island, Ohio." That is my favorite bar on earth at my favorite place on earth. Interesting tidbit: if you look up that bar on Google Maps and do the Go Inside feature, you can see me, my wife, and my daughter bellied up to the bar. We happened to be there the day that the pictures were taken.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/T...2!3m1!1s0x883a5a0e118f773f:0x9d082aa01a787ea8

Attachments

• IMG_1523.JPG
    IMG_1523.JPG
    440.9 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Another Rye saison ! i had thought i was only one mad enough to brew those .
About due to have another of those after work tonight and will grab a picture
I will be brewing this baddie all summer first impression is solid... really need to brew it with less hops to get a better feel for the base flavors ... but so far it's pretty tasty...next round it's getting dosed with mad fermentationist saison blend and apricots and French oak in secondary

Big fan of keg conditioning now that I've tryd it

I used jarrylo and galaxy in mine , galaxy is barely detectable under the funk .
Mine sits at very top edge of style for colour , IBU and ABV so certainly not for those who don't love the funk

Some of my brews will certainly get keg conditioned , especially my clone attempts .
I still have a few of the tap a draft kegs and the natural carbed ones taste better

My two saisons i brewed are both hopoed with galaxy i get plenty of fruity aromas loke tropical passionfruit i like how they dont bloat you after drinking a swag of em i can drink them all night.

Oak chips sounds interesting definitely a goer.

Back