What are you drinking right now?

Thanks! Here's the recipe. It does have some hazy pale ale qualities, which I don't love. But it's still a good beer. The hops definitely have some citrus and pine going on, but also some apricot/peach notes (which may be from the yeast).

I'm curious about trying Biofine on my next batch to see if the hazy qualities that I don't like would disappear.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1466574/house-pale-1-3
Stupid question, is it the yeast? Have you tried it with a regular Cali Safale or White Labs ale yeast?

Smidicks Irish Ale. These are half pints, not hitting it hard on a school night
IMG_8113.jpeg

A little sumpin sumpin from up Josh’s way. Lexington Brewing and Distilling’s Kentucky Vanilla Barrel Cream Ale. This stuff tastes a lot like Barq’s cream soda. Could use a little more bitterness with the sweet vanilla and malty flavor, but it’s purty darn good just like it is.
IMG_3493.jpeg

A little sumpin sumpin from up Josh’s way. Lexington Brewing and Distilling’s Kentucky Vanilla Barrel Cream Ale. This stuff tastes a lot like Barq’s cream soda. Could use a little more bitterness with the sweet vanilla and malty flavor, but it’s purty darn good just like it is.
Kind of local for me. Been a while since I’ve had any of their stuff though

A fermenter pint of my 70 shilling. Malty but not sweet. Not a lot of hops in this one. 20 IBU and 3.7%. This will be nice after a week or so of conditioning.Edit, this will be easy to consume in multiple pints soon.
IMG_8123.jpeg

Last edited:
A fermenter pint of my 70 shilling. Malty but not sweet. Not a lot of hops in this one. 20 IBU and 3.7%. This will be nice after a week or so of conditioning.Edit, this will be easy to consume in multiple pints soon.
View attachment 29075
Nice color. Have to say, a 60-70 /- is a beer style that is so tasty and crushable that I’m surprised it’s not more popular.

Last edited:
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1363286/street-corn-lager

The inspiration was Mexican Street Corn. So Mexican I suppose.
Pretty simple recipe. The fun dial to turn is toasting the corn malt. How much? What temp? How long?

I’m not a big yellow fizzy kind of beer drinker, but this has a bit of depth that I like. Lime is optiona!

You went a lot heavier on the corn than I did with the Pre Pro. My Pre Pro was 6 row, about 10% corn, a little bit of carapils, crystal hops, and I used 34/70 fermenting at lager temps. I went for mid 5s on mine, and it finished a lot sweeter at 1.018. Down south, Tripping Animals makes a heavily corn flavored Mexican Lager that I like. Total Wine and ABC carry it in Orlando. For the old style, Amercan lagers Crystal hops are awesome. Low alpha and bred as a combination of Cascade and Hallertau.

Last edited:

Back