What are you drinking right now?

I understand that Oyster Stouts do not taste like oysters.
You get some of the salinity of the shells, but it is in the background.
We have a brewery here that make one from time to time. I tried the first 7% version and really enjoyed it. They have now made it too big (8+) for me to go to the brewery, sit at the bar, and enjoy one (or a smaller one).

My family and I were at that brewery Friday night. I got their Walter Smash Ale (I think that is what it was called). I was hesitant to get the Oyster Stout.
Good stuff, the oyster stout is nothing to be afraid of. In my opinion, there isn’t anything that makes this stand out from another American Stout.

My family and I were at that brewery Friday night. I got their Walter Smash Ale (I think that is what it was called). I was hesitant to get the Oyster Stout.
Good stuff, the oyster stout is nothing to be afraid of. In my opinion, there isn’t anything that makes this stand out from another American Stout.
How was it?? I know the head brewer there but haven't had the chance to visit yet
It was good enough, but I actually like my own Smooth Stout better. Pretty much anytime I see a beer available from Yachats I give it consideration.

MyDSC2S1-073.jpg

My Light West Coast Wheat. A bit more clarity today but the natural carbonation is on its way out. Enjoyed my first attempt at this one. About three pints left in that mini-keg - covers the play off semi second leg tomorrow night.

View attachment 25434 After picking up grains, hops and yeast for Beach Brew, I landed at The Wheel, APizza Pub, where I’m enjoying their made in house 100 Mile Pale Ale. Many good beers at this micro brewery.
Even the blurred background can't hide one of my favorite whiskeys. I can spot the Jameson on the shelf in the background.

As you can see by the photo I'm quite proud of what I've been able to achieve here with this Gluten Free Pale ale

View attachment 25295
Got me new fireplace rocking this evening as well.

Rough and ready sorta like the brewer:p
I'm afraid to ask, but I am wondering whatcha got in your pocket there mate!

Gonna admit I finally tried a Moosehead today. Hoppy, but not stupid bitter. Not bad, for a big label beer. Frankly, about like Miller High Life with more hops, to me anyway. Moosehead's been around for a while, even in Alabama.

Gonna admit I finally tried a Moosehead today. Hoppy, but not stupid bitter. Not bad, for a big label beer. Frankly, about like Miller High Life with more hops, to me anyway. Moosehead's been around for a while, even in Alabama.
That was one of the more popular beers among my high school friends, back in the early mid-80’s.

I'm afraid to ask, but I am wondering whatcha got in your pocket there mate!
Glad you did Craig that thar is one big bulging Orange:p

I had just been out the back and picked on off my tree fruit is just about ready;)

Here ya go for size
20230516_155154.jpg

On the beer front one of these GF pale ales will do
20230516_165908.jpg

And zee Rice Lager YUM
20230516_171456.jpg

Last edited:
That was one of the more popular beers among my high school friends, back in the early mid-80’s.
In the early-mid 80s in high school, anything you could get your hands on was popular LOL. We drank wine coolers out of plastic, 2 liter bottles, Piesporter Wine, and Coors after it crossed the Mississippi. So, I guess no accounting for our taste back then.

Back