What are you drinking right now?

What is "Bunyip" ?
This will point you In the right direction.
https://www.brewersfriend.com/forum/threads/1st-quarter-brew-2023.16149/#post-175377
It seems its a great beer on the hombrewing scale as all who have brewed it have seemed to have really liked it.
Well at the rate I saw them kegs /bottles get kicked it sure went fast!

Bunyip is pretty much my attempt at a nice sessionable Pale ale.

Now if you want an award winning pale ale @HighVoltageMan! 'S Wayners Pale ale is a show stopper with his incredible WP hopping rates :).

I'll let HVM fill you in on the finer details or just go to his brewers friend Quarterly brew draw:)

Last edited:
MyDSC2S1-069.jpg

That's a bit clearer. Tinsel Toes has calmed down, getting a very soft texture and dryness coming through. Considerably less aftertaste now the head is more regular. Also the hint of ruby more apparent in this shot. It is supposed to be a Ruby Ale (falling within gravity ranges of Golden Ale) but I over watered it on purpose aiming at a session and got more gold than ruby. Wondering how much better it might be if I hadn't gone a tweaking. I will go standard route next batch.

I can see how they intended this for Christmas - when I tried the test bottles which were already okay - it seems to go with quite a few different types of food and is quite light to drink. I usually go between 1-2 pints but can see me having a few of these tomorrow especially if the lads make the play offs right at the death.

This will point you In the right direction.
https://www.brewersfriend.com/forum/threads/1st-quarter-brew-2023.16149/#post-175377
It seems its a great beer on the hombrewing scale as all who have brewed it have seemed to have really liked it.
Well at the rate I saw them kegs /bottles get kicked it sure went fast!

Bunyip is pretty much my attempt at a nice sessionable Pale ale.

Now if you want an award winning pale ale @HighVoltageMan! 'S Wayners Pale ale is a show stopper with his incredible WP hopping rates :).

I'll let HVM fill you in on the finer details or just go to his brewers friend Quarterly brew draw:)
Today was the first time I looked at that recipe in detail. It seems to be a compromise between the American and European styles. Quite interesting looking. I don't know that I would put Munich in an American version, but it sounds tasty as hell at the same time. Can I assume the Aussie base malt is something close to an American 2 row?

Today was the first time I looked at that recipe in detail. It seems to be a compromise between the American and European styles. Quite interesting looking. I don't know that I would put Munich in an American version, but it sounds tasty as hell at the same time. Can I assume the Aussie base malt is something close to an American 2 row?
Hey maybe Australian as well

Think if an Australian Pacific ale I'd call it with them new world hops and a big chunk of wheat malt making up the grain bill :).

Ever herd of Stone and Wood pale ale sorta like that but more malty and well more hoppy ;)
Link if you wanna read a bit
https://www.vintagecellars.com.au/beer/pacific-ale

Last edited:
MyDSC2S1-070.jpg

Tinsel Toes long weekend ended in style with football team making the play offs (to get back in the EPL). I was so nervous listening on the radio and watching all the other scores gradually go in our favour before we scored our first into the second half that I could barely drink. Still very tasty though and carbonation is as near perfect as I could wish for. I thought this location by the window would be too exposed. Weather being overcast may have helped a bit of course but hopefully this will prove a better place for the clarity to show in future.

View attachment 25346
Tinsel Toes long weekend ended in style with football team making the play offs (to get back in the EPL). I was so nervous listening on the radio and watching all the other scores gradually go in our favour before we scored our first into the second half that I could barely drink. Still very tasty though and carbonation is as near perfect as I could wish for. I thought this location by the window would be too exposed. Weather being overcast may have helped a bit of course but hopefully this will prove a better place for the clarity to show in future.
And you had a coronation I hear.
He sure looked like a King adorned in all that GOLD wow!

Sampler of my pale ale brewed with Cryo Pop hops and waimea mmmm mmmm this is Good!
20230509_170956.jpg

One thing I like about Gluten free grist the beers always finish so lite and crisp must be a rice:p

Oh this Nova lager yeast sure is a work horse and this beer tells me it's great for ale temp fermentations and a bit of biotransformation qualities makes it a great IPA candidate :p

Golden beach brew
It's really coming on nice now.
Next time, I'll leave it a bit longer in the fermenter (protection against myself)
I'm thinking of another batch with T58. Should taste totally different though
IMG_20230509_164006599_HDR.jpg

Like @west1m posted. We draw a brewer each quarter and they put up a recipe for those who want to brew. Ben @Trialben can you talk about your brew?
Loved it. Super hop flavor but not too bitter in fact mine wasn’t bitter at all really
Hi Josh. I am going to brew this. Do you have a favorite "Bunyip" story? I've only heard about it from "Dot and The Kangaroo" growing up. I would love to relay your best bunyip story when I serve this beer.
Are there any uniquely Australian fruits or other fermentables you have used or think would be good in a beer. We have prickly pears here (Texas) and I was thinking about incorporating them in something.
I was also curious if you heard about the government honeybee extermination on the southeast coast. I was wondering if this was true.

Hi Josh. I am going to brew this. Do you have a favorite "Bunyip" story? I've only heard about it from "Dot and The Kangaroo" growing up. I would love to relay your best bunyip story when I serve this beer.
Are there any uniquely Australian fruits or other fermentables you have used or think would be good in a beer. We have prickly pears here (Texas) and I was thinking about incorporating them in something.
I was also curious if you heard about the government honeybee extermination on the southeast coast. I was wondering if this was true.
Josh I'd love to hear your favourite Bunyip story :).

Back