What are you drinking right now?

MyDSC2S1-068a.jpg

MyDSC2S1-068b.jpg

5 month old 'Tinsel Toes' Golden Ale. ABV: 4%. Very lively but also very tasty out the 1 gallon mini keg. Sharp mouthfeel with a mid range bitterness from Cascade hops. Photography dept still a work in progress.

Taking a break for dinner during clean up...so the other mild batch I had intended to make a yeast cake for another Albany Ale but they didn't have the Scottish ale yeast so I went with a Belgium and oh wow! Really nice spicy bite of mild cloves...gotta do this in the fall!
20230506_191054.jpg
20230506_191137.jpg

Color is velvet!

What is "Bunyip" ?
Like @west1m posted. We draw a brewer each quarter and they put up a recipe for those who want to brew. Ben @Trialben can you talk about your brew?
Loved it. Super hop flavor but not too bitter in fact mine wasn’t bitter at all really

Switching between the 2020 batch of Cooper's Barleywine and the inaugural batch of Eowyn's Wheatwine.
For some reason, this vintage of BW is pretty flat, but I think this was the year that I tinkered a little with recipe and water adjustments, so the taste is great for an English BW. (Hope I remembered priming sugar...wouldn't be the first time I forgot)
And the wheatwine isn't bad for my first attempt, I really like what honey malt does. But I think the hops and yeast need some tweaking, there's an odd fruitiness or something that wasn't what I was going for

Switching between the 2020 batch of Cooper's Barleywine and the inaugural batch of Eowyn's Wheatwine.
For some reason, this vintage of BW is pretty flat, but I think this was the year that I tinkered a little with recipe and water adjustments, so the taste is great for an English BW. (Hope I remembered priming sugar...wouldn't be the first time I forgot)
And the wheatwine isn't bad for my first attempt, I really like what honey malt does. But I think the hops and yeast need some tweaking, there's an odd fruitiness or something that wasn't what I was going for
I need to try this once.

Back