What are you drinking right now?

First pour day.
Bunyip first. Simply outstanding. Not as clear as I'd hoped.
5353D417-1A65-407A-A45E-D85FB80D5BEC.jpeg

And an early taste of the Kaltrauch smoked lager. Nice light smoke with overall crisp taste. Clearing up but not yet totally clear. I still have 4 weeks to go though...
80A289D0-4280-4670-98FC-2ECB5A679425.jpeg

MyDSC2S1-065.jpg

Four weeks ago I picked up the last six bottles of Grolsch on sale in a supermarket I don't normally buy beer from but doesn't normally have these anyway. No Grolsch not even cans in the same place last week but they had a lot of lager much of which I haven't tried. Looks like it might be a clearance job. Years since I drank any of this but it has a great nose and still tastes pretty damn good. Some more for my swing top collection :cool:

One of my favorite craft breweries, they are available across the province (think of 4 or 5 States roughly), but their off the beaten path brews are only available from the brewery. A bit more body and froth to the head than I like in a BIPA. Could also have more bitternes to it, but... I absolutely loved it. Talk about some head retention! Left some in the glass on the last swallow!
20230412_174950.jpg
20230412_174959.jpg
20230412_183040.jpg

First pour day.
Bunyip first. Simply outstanding. Not as clear as I'd hoped.
View attachment 25028
And an early taste of the Kaltrauch smoked lager. Nice light smoke with overall crisp taste. Clearing up but not yet totally clear. I still have 4 weeks to go though...
View attachment 25029
Both outstanding looking beers Don!:)

Give that Bunyip a tad more time and it should briten up just a little more.
But hey it's Bunyip after all it's not ment to be a pretty drink;)!

That smoked beer sounds interesting something @Nosybear might even like to try ...

View attachment 25040 View attachment 25042
Two separate pints from the same batch of Norfolk Nog (Dark Ruby Ale). Still not doing the colour justice with these photos from 30+ but I'll keep trying. I can see the red now and the taste has improved in the three days since I started pouring from the keg:)
Theres a hint of the colour at the bottom right of the first photo.

Pro tip: set beers on a light coloured surface and back-light them to show off colour and clarity.

Theres a hint of the colour at the bottom right of the first photo.

Pro tip: set beers on a light coloured surface and back-light them to show off colour and clarity.
First photo is backlit.

Thanks for the tip though. I have some clear glass coasters which might come in useful for this.

I heard about this stuff a couple of years ago and stubbed my toe on it last night when I dropped into one the local liquor stores....:( outta homebrew and my dark mild is not ready yet...
20230414_203754.jpg

Not bad at all and much better than the last craft lager that I had....it's a quintessential yellow fizzy "beer" for sure!

https://duclaw.com/beers/regular-beer/

Back