What are you drinking right now?

@Herm brews
060F0723-BA22-4D8B-93F8-384A24334B02.jpeg

Maple beer hmmmm interesting any maple flavour looks like a blond ale base recipe with a touch of crystal?
Tons of maple flavor, but not sweet which makes it drinkable. Just Pilsner, grits, and syrup in the boil. Pressure fermented with Diamond lager. It was supposed to be amber but not as much maple syrup color came through for some reason.

Tons of maple flavor, but not sweet which makes it drinkable. Just Pilsner, grits, and syrup in the boil. Pressure fermented with Diamond lager. It was supposed to be amber but not as much maple syrup color came through for some reason.

The corn (grits) may have lightened it up considerably. The Frankenbeer knock off of Bulin's 3-Day Weekend that I did was VERY light. I used flaked corn (ground specifically for brewing). Dunno if there's a lot of non-fermentable starch in that, or what, but I had a LOT of 'pudding' in my batch, some of which floated, some stuck to the side of the fermenter, but most went to the collection bulb. Mine was supposed to be a light amber as well, but it's VERY light. Got a couple more days before it'll be 'ripe' in the bottles.

As for what I'm drinking at the moment, well, coffee! It's just 7AM here, getting kids off to school. Just a tad early for a beer.

Frankenbeer was more ready than I thought. Nice and fizzy, decent head retention. Nice flavor but perhaps it could have done with a bit less bittering. IBU is 33 according to the calculator. Maybe the Warrior and the coriander together needed adjustment since I couldn’t get the same hops for the original recipe. The clarity, however is amazing. Will get a photo of the next one.

Here we go, as promised View attachment 22503
Carbonation can do that too I find Roadie (in regards to bitterness aka carbonic bite) easy way as you probably know give the beer a good swirl in the glass to release some of that co2 and it should smooth it out a touch if it's that...

Looks Outstanding man!

So clear, it looks like foam on a glass of air.
Gonna check more bottles tomorrow to see how many have significant sediment. Pretty sure it was the last 3 or 4 where I was being stingy with the bottling bucket. Didn’t hurt‘em, though.

Carbonation can do that too I find Roadie (in regards to bitterness aka carbonic bite) easy way as you probably know give the beer a good swirl in the glass to release some of that co2 and it should smooth it out a touch if it's that...

Looks Outstanding man!
It’s still a bit raw, certainly. I expect it to mellow some as it ages. Looks like an extra 1/2 ounce of sugar for priming helped heaps. Whirlfloc is the bees knees. Best looking beer I’ve made yet, bar none.

View attachment 22506 The last bottle of homebrew brought north. This is Smooth Stout. Certainly, I’ll be brewing more of this beer style.
Nothing like a dreary PNW fall day to get you in the mood for some dark beers :) it's gotten cold and rainy in VA as well and I've got a dark lager lined up in a couple weeks

Nothing like a dreary PNW fall day to get you in the mood for some dark beers :) it's gotten cold and rainy in VA as well and I've got a dark lager lined up in a couple weeks
Yesterday evening at our local beer garden my wife had a couple pours of Block 15 Luna Obscura. Now she wants me to make a Mexican Dark Lager. Given how cool our garage will be, I can see some lagers in our future. Meanwhile, I am really enjoying fresh hop IPA’s and pale ales - those are everywhere right now.

Back