What are you drinking right now?

Im drinking water while I brew, I get to relaxed when drinking while brewing and its too hot anyway, Ill save that for later

It was a good pale ale. It just wasn't what I was expecting. Kind of like ordering Coke and getting tea instead. Until you adjust, it's not good!

jeffpn said:
I'm a sucker for Kölsch. I'm out to dinner with my wife, and the tap house has a Mad Tree Lift Kölsch. Very hoppy. I've had pale ales that were less hoppy than this. I think I'll wait for my own to be ready.
Here's a funny (peculiar, not ha ha) ending to that story. The next day, I arrived at my first customer's house on a different side of town from where I had the Kölsch. The lady who answered the door was sitting at the next table over from me and my wife at that bar the night before!

jeffpn said:
I'm a sucker for Kölsch. I'm out to dinner with my wife, and the tap house has a Mad Tree Lift Kölsch. Very hoppy. I've had pale ales that were less hoppy than this. I think I'll wait for my own to be ready.

Most domestic "Kolsch" is just nowhere near the style, IMO. I haven't had a lot of authentic Kolsch beers, but it only takes one example of a good import to understand that some are just way off. There's a new one here in Austin that they seem to have done a great job with. Hops and Grain 78702 is a really nice beer. They've hopped it just slightly more than you might find in most genuine Kolschs, probably just at the high end of the style range, and they may have included something not-quite-Nobel, but it just makes it a little unique without taking away from the character.

I'm with you, though...I've found mine to be at least as enjoyable and at least as "in style" as anything I've tried excepting imported. I hope to put down a couple of blondes and pales to round out the summer pipeline, but I have to get another Kolsch going ASAP!! ;)

The beer she gave me first was not a Kölsch. She accidentally grabbed the wrong beer. Later, she got me the correct beer.

When my friend from Cologne gives me a Koelsch, it's fruity, almost a bubblegum flavor but in a good way. American examples tend to forget the original was an ale and does not taste like a lager.

On the other hand, I have a local friend who likes my Kölsch better than Kölsch she's had in Cologne. Like they say, beauty is in the eye of the beerholder!

jeffpn said:
On the other hand, I have a local friend who likes my Kölsch better than Kölsch she's had in Cologne. Like they say, beauty is in the eye of the beerholder!
Agreed. But I do like my Kolsch.

last of my English Mild sob sob, I got so dependent on that beer, its sad to see it go, now off to my summer lager good 90 plus degree beer

Ok ladies, the strawberry ale is kegged. It'll be ready in just a few days! Hike up your skirts and come on over for a sample.

...and if you get tired of strawberry fizzy stuff ( :lol: ) come on over to Nosy's for some Hazelnut Chocolate Ale. I just opened the first one and for a first test of the idea, I'm quite happy with it. The cocoa version is SWAMBO's favorite - cocoa only added to the boil. I have two more tries from the batch, one with vanilla, another with both cocoa, vanilla (chocolate) and hazelnut. The biggest difference between this beer's flavor and Nutella is it's more of a dark chocolate flavor than a milk chocolate. But I don't want to add lactose so I'm happy with what I got.

Yep. My wife would like yours, too! (Then she'd do the chocolate covered strawberry).

Popped open the first bottle of my latest batch of Dusseldorfer Altbier. Perhaps a bit more hop flavor next batch but all in all, I'd brew exactly this beer again.

Had a couple of pulls off of my freshly-kegged blonde. It's a pretty basic recipe with 2-row, some Vienna, a little crystal 20 and carapils. Crystal hops throughout with an ounce of Sterling broken up into 5-minute and F/O additions.
It's good and clear, though still a little yeasty (there will be farts tonight :roll: ) and the S-04 has left a little bready quality that should age out somewhat. The hop character is pretty awesome! Good smooth bitterness that hangs just a little longer than the malt and some really interesting, subtle flavors and aromas with plenty of spice notes. I'm eager to see how this one ages out. In another week it should be a really nice beer! :)

really weird story, I brewed my summer lager like always but must have dumped too much Calcium chloride in so its spicy bitter as hell then I had a pid malfunction on my next brew and couldn't get it out of the 160ish range for 30 minutes and that beer reminds me of mr pibb, to much Belgian - Special B and too sweet, "but" you mix them together and wow excellent beer, now I have 20 gallons of great beer by accident lol Ill never be able to recreate this again :roll:

Ozarks Mountain Brew said:
... "but" you mix them together and wow excellent beer, now I have 20 gallons of great beer by accident lol Ill never be able to recreate this again :roll:

I've got an harsh English Bitter with a gusher bug that geysers up in about half the bottles and a Stout that never, ever carbed up. I've been thinking of just pouring it all together in a keg and carbing it up and letting it sit for a bit. I'm pretty sure those two wrongs would make a right. ;)

Honey Amber Ale brewed 2 months ago today. Kegged a month ago yesterday.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 256
evil twin wet dream... gooood night

drinking a tasty dry hopped IPA with 5or6 fresh hops off the vine in the glass. yummy :cool:

Back