What are you drinking right now?

Golden promise (left) and Maris Otter (right). There's definitely a flavor difference between the two, but I haven't found the right words yet to describe it. Just means more research is required :D
View attachment 21517
We heartily support this research.

MILD is pouring a great head maybe something to do with the Choc rye nit sure but loving it.
20220717_170818.jpg

Excuse the dirty glass been drinking water from it hence all the bubbles stuck to side...

Meant to post this yesterday but the beer went down quick and I got back to working around the house. This is the American Wheat with Kolsch yeast (lalbrew koln) based on @Herm_brews recipe; The one I got low efficiency on and had to bump with Honey. Came out great! Big difference between the two yeasts I use! You can really taste the fruity notes the Koln yeast adds - it even feels like it has fuller body! The 34/70 tastes drier and thinner - allowing more of the Summit hops through. I should do a side by side pour and post a pic. Anyway, cheers!
American Wheat (Koln yeast).jpg

Meant to post this yesterday but the beer went down quick and I got back to working around the house. This is the American Wheat with Kolsch yeast (lalbrew koln) based on @Herm_brews recipe; The one I got low efficiency on and had to bump with Honey. Came out great! Big difference between the two yeasts I use! You can really taste the fruity notes the Koln yeast adds - it even feels like it has fuller body! The 34/70 tastes drier and thinner - allowing more of the Summit hops through. I should do a side by side pour and post a pic. Anyway, cheers!View attachment 21530
Love lalbrew koln yeast!

Wish I had some of my American Wheat left to drink, but it is all gone. I am down to my last six pack of amber ale, and I have 2 bottles of smooth stout. All of my brewing gear is put away. Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be much interest from potential buyers for our home. If nothing happens by Friday, then we’ll be reducing our asking price. My wife and I feel like we’re in limbo, waiting for the next stage of our lives to begin. She misses making art, I miss making beer.

Wish I had some of my American Wheat left to drink, but it is all gone. I am down to my last six pack of amber ale, and I have 2 bottles of smooth stout. All of my brewing gear is put away. Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be much interest from potential buyers for our home. If nothing happens by Friday, then we’ll be reducing our asking price. My wife and I feel like we’re in limbo, waiting for the next stage of our lives to begin. She misses making art, I miss making beer.
That sux Herm it'll happen waiting sucks!

Drinking a Milk Stout while making a Munich Dunkel - First time ever committed Decoction mash! (I decocted 1-2 times before but in a half-assed kinda way lol) Kettle mash but in a unit with a false bottom so not sure how accurate that was and once for maybe 10 minute single decoction...

This is a double decoction and so far - so good - first time actually feeling like a decoction! - That is, I've been mashing for 2 hours already! lol
Stout!.jpg

Will do. Hopefully I can get out more to look for cool beers. My local store that had a good variety of imports closed but there is another within an hour

Back