What are you drinking right now?

image.jpg
Who cares about clear beer - I guess I do.
First pour of my American tangerine wheat, after conditioning since only Monday.
I think the Azacca hops come through with apricot and mango, more than the tangerine, but this is a smooth and easy drinker. Next time I might try Madarina Bavaria to get a stronger tangerine profile. Good beer.

Last edited:
View attachment 20980 Who cares about clear beer - I guess I do.
First pour of my American tangerine wheat, after conditioning since only Monday.
I think the Azacca hops come through with apricot and mango, more than the tangerine, but this is a smooth and easy drinker. Next time I might try Madarina Bavaria to get a stronger tangerine profile. Good beer.
Wheat beers are rarely clear anyway :D sounds like a good brew!

Drinking mystery beers! The brewery I work for uses a canning machine. There's a scale at the end of the processing line that determines if the beer was filled correctly, and if so, it continues down to be labeled and put in a 4/6/12 pack. But if the machine determines that it was a "low fill" then employees get to have those :) but the beers never make it to the labeling line and end up in unmarked cans.

So far I've had a shandy and 2 different east coast IPAs. Not my beer styles typically, but hey they were free :D it's also fun to test and see if I know our menu well enough to guess the beer based on aroma/flavor

image.jpg
image.jpg
My American wheat beer. Last night I had the last bottle filled from the fermenter, so there was a ton of trub in that bottle. This pour is the first bottle filled, so it too had some trub. I like this beer, and tonight it seems to deliver more tangerine aroma and flavor. Terrible blunder last night - with my glass half full, I smacked the glass with my bottle of salad dressing, breaking one of my favorite beer glasses, and wasting half a glass of precious homebrew.

ETA - this poured with chill haze, but by the bottom of the glass I have clear beer.

Last edited:
Drinking mystery beers! The brewery I work for uses a canning machine. There's a scale at the end of the processing line that determines if the beer was filled correctly, and if so, it continues down to be labeled and put in a 4/6/12 pack. But if the machine determines that it was a "low fill" then employees get to have those :) but the beers never make it to the labeling line and end up in unmarked cans.

So far I've had a shandy and 2 different east coast IPAs. Not my beer styles typically, but hey they were free :D it's also fun to test and see if I know our menu well enough to guess the beer based on aroma/flavor
Who could pass up free craft beer? That is a fine perk. My wife’s father used to work at a Paso Robles winery, and their first on and last off bottles were never labeled and given to staff to take home. Over the years, we enjoyed some fine mystery wines.

Oh, I like that idea.
Only just learned that a cream ale has nothing to do with cream :rolleyes:
Do you have a recipe @Robert68 ?
Meanwhile, I'll join you with a gin & tonic. A bit early, but what the heck :p
Waiting for my dough for banh mi to rise
I am going to make a coconut cream ale this week......probably on Friday. I would be happy to send you my recipe. I do like a good gin & tonic .... with a twist of lime.

View attachment 20946 Stout, for a somewhat dark mood. Yesterday our condominium homeowners association notified us that, due to wildfire risk, we’re being hit with a special assessment to cover an astronomical increase in our association’s fire insurance coverage. In 2021, the fire insurance for a 243 unit complex was about $47k. After the insurer refused to renew, the best the association could find was almost $700k per year. So our already high monthly dues of $330 get an additional bump of $450 per month ($780 monthly until December, at least). After 24+ mostly very good years here, my wife and I have decided it is time to leave our home state of California. Today we contacted a realtor to begin the process of selling our home. It is time to head north to Oregon. The good part of this is that we own our place outright, so it’s 100% equity that we take with us.

Holy **** Herm! :eek: And here I am complaining about a 200% increase in a new garage door due to covid! If I remember right, you were already thinking of moving to Oregon. So it's good you sort of already had a plan in place. Also 100% equity is definitely a silver lining in that dark cloud. Best of luck!!

Back