What are you drinking right now?

The saison is much lighter in colour than in above picture.

I couldn't control myself and decided to try syla as well.
Big difference. Lighter in colour. Sweeter, with a kick! I replaced black pepper with a chili pepper and it is noticable. Even for a chili-monster like me!
It takes a little bit to get used to, but growing on me with the second sip :rolleyes:
Sweet, as I said, but not as sweet as most tripels, definitely not cloying.
Can't taste the coriander, but then, I normally can't.
Also here: carbonation seems fine, so they will go into the fridge as well.
Nice thing about small batches. It all fits :p

I do think this beer will do fine by aging it a bit.
I would almost say there is a slight saltiness in it, but that must be my imagination.
Standard soft, almost nutrient free, water. Just grains, water, yeast with chili pepper & coriander

I'm only a couple sips in, but it's really really growing on me. I like this beer, meaning it doesn't stand a chance to age:D

Dry hopped lager is looking a lot better lately. Time is my least favorite ingredient when homebrewing :D
20220531_145938.jpg

Thanks Herm ;)
Luckily I think a saison is supposed to be drunk fairly fast, so the Syla stands a chance :D

The saison is much lighter in colour than in above picture.

I couldn't control myself and decided to try syla as well.
Big difference. Lighter in colour. Sweeter, with a kick! I replaced black pepper with a chili pepper and it is noticable. Even for a chili-monster like me!
It takes a little bit to get used to, but growing on me with the second sip :rolleyes:
Sweet, as I said, but not as sweet as most tripels, definitely not cloying.
Can't taste the coriander, but then, I normally can't.
Also here: carbonation seems fine, so they will go into the fridge as well.
Nice thing about small batches. It all fits :p

I do think this beer will do fine by aging it a bit.
I would almost say there is a slight saltiness in it, but that must be my imagination.
Standard soft, almost nutrient free, water. Just grains, water, yeast with chili pepper & coriander

I'm only a couple sips in, but it's really really growing on me. I like this beer, meaning it doesn't stand a chance to age:D
I like the idea of chilli pepper.....sounds like an interesting brew.

I like the idea of chilli pepper.....sounds like an interesting brew.
Yeah, the recipe stated black pepper, but I couldn't find black pepper as an additive to beer anywhere.
So I decided that maybe it was a translation mistake ;)
Used a chili instead. Just a Spanish pepper or lombok. I'm surprised that I can easily taste it

image.jpg
Stout, for a somewhat dark mood. Yesterday our condominium homeowners association notified us that, due to wildfire risk, we’re being hit with a special assessment to cover an astronomical increase in our association’s fire insurance coverage. In 2021, the fire insurance for a 243 unit complex was about $47k. After the insurer refused to renew, the best the association could find was almost $700k per year. So our already high monthly dues of $330 get an additional bump of $450 per month ($780 monthly until December, at least). After 24+ mostly very good years here, my wife and I have decided it is time to leave our home state of California. Today we contacted a realtor to begin the process of selling our home. It is time to head north to Oregon. The good part of this is that we own our place outright, so it’s 100% equity that we take with us.

Hope that works out for you. Two years ago or so we visited Oregon, the whole time we were there the state was on fire. We could not see the island out in Crater lake.

View attachment 20946 Stout, for a somewhat dark mood. Yesterday our condominium homeowners association notified us that, due to wildfire risk, we’re being hit with a special assessment to cover an astronomical increase in our association’s fire insurance coverage. In 2021, the fire insurance for a 243 unit complex was about $47k. After the insurer refused to renew, the best the association could find was almost $700k per year. So our already high monthly dues of $330 get an additional bump of $450 per month ($780 monthly until December, at least). After 24+ mostly very good years here, my wife and I have decided it is time to leave our home state of California. Today we contacted a realtor to begin the process of selling our home. It is time to head north to Oregon. The good part of this is that we own our place outright, so it’s 100% equity that we take with us.
Sad news Herm, but I'm excited for you for the future move. I think Oregon will suit you both well :) good luck with the real estate dealings

Hope that works out for you. Two years ago or so we visited Oregon, the whole time we were there the state was on fire. We could not see the island out in Crater lake.
We’ve visited many times, including last summer when fires burned in the Cascades. During that visit, Bend sucked because of smoke, while Eugene and the coast were clear and wonderful. It’s just like anywhere else - good and bad.

Sad news Herm, but I'm excited for you for the future move. I think Oregon will suit you both well :) good luck with the real estate dealings
Always appreciate your feedback. We’ll find our way, somehow. We know there is plenty of good beer there.

View attachment 20946 Stout, for a somewhat dark mood. Yesterday our condominium homeowners association notified us that, due to wildfire risk, we’re being hit with a special assessment to cover an astronomical increase in our association’s fire insurance coverage. In 2021, the fire insurance for a 243 unit complex was about $47k. After the insurer refused to renew, the best the association could find was almost $700k per year. So our already high monthly dues of $330 get an additional bump of $450 per month ($780 monthly until December, at least). After 24+ mostly very good years here, my wife and I have decided it is time to leave our home state of California. Today we contacted a realtor to begin the process of selling our home. It is time to head north to Oregon. The good part of this is that we own our place outright, so it’s 100% equity that we take with us.
Holly Crap man!
I don't blame you!
yea insurance is going through the roof here in Aus too.
we've had some record floods here and people are pretty much walking away from their homes because these "1 in 100 year" floods are happening every other year.

Good luck with the move.

Back