What are you drinking right now?

here ya go @CRUNK its been in the keg near two weeks.
its cleared up but not brite yet good head retention a bit of lacing going on. on the nose its smells fruity-malty its smells very bohimian i swear this czech yeast must be the strain they use for the bohimian pilsner.
taste wise is medium bodied fruity slight bitterness and malty easy drinking. its good but im guessing this yeast has pushed it a bit pilsner ish i think i hit the yeast ramp too early and got a little estery fruityness going on. i recon another 2 weeks largering will bring this beer into line with your expectations!
20180210_171708.jpg

White Peach Saison came out very well this year. Very tasty. Nice step between holiday beers and lawnmower beers coming.

Attachments

• 20180212_200557_resized.jpg
    20180212_200557_resized.jpg
    798.4 KB · Views: 93
White Peach Saison came out very well this year. Very tasty. Nice step between holiday beers and lawnmower beers coming.
grain bill straight forward for this one headfirst? im looking forward to doing a pineapple saison with a light grainbill.

My own Smoky Blonde - think beer with a kiss of bacon. Lightly applewood smoked, some Grade B maple syrup.... A fairly good little drop!

grain bill straight forward for this one headfirst? im looking forward to doing a pineapple saison with a light grainbill.
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/593490/light-saison
Nothing fancy. The Victory fits well. The peaches (no pears) were pints out of the pantry from our garden. Not fresh but I think they came out more than the fresh did in past brews.
My own Smoky Blonde - think beer with a kiss of bacon. Lightly applewood smoked, some Grade B maple syrup.... A fairly good little drop!
Now ya did it, I will have to try smoking some malt as you have described. I have had smoked beer before but it tasted like charcoal or burnt wood sort of? I think it was a Rattlesnake Porter?

I've had a lot of overwhelmingly smoked beers - like drinking a campfire. Smoky Blonde is lightly smoked, lightly hopped and made with a malt that is known to provide sweet flavors. The maple syrup adds a bit of complexity to the brew, not a whole lot of flavor, but enough. Hopping is very light, just enough to offset sweetness. And it works, at least for me.

I've had a lot of overwhelmingly smoked beers - like drinking a campfire. Smoky Blonde is lightly smoked, lightly hopped and made with a malt that is known to provide sweet flavors. The maple syrup adds a bit of complexity to the brew, not a whole lot of flavor, but enough. Hopping is very light, just enough to offset sweetness. And it works, at least for me.
Drinking a winter ale that's right up your alley noseybear. Not overhopped and definitely a winter warmer.
20180213_194252_resized.jpg 20180213_194240_resized.jpg

staving off the heat drinking Crunks helles lager gee im glad i brewed this now! a very easy drinking quencher of a beer well ballanced not too bitter a nice crisp bite to it with some lovely malty flavour on the finnish yep ill try this for sure next time with 34/70 but i do love that refreshing fruitiness from the czech lager yeast im looking forward to seeing how the pilsner shapes up. cheerz oh i mean Prost!
20180214_153656.jpg

Attachments

• 20180214_154502.jpg
    20180214_154502.jpg
    547.8 KB · Views: 144
well i nearly had a blocked dip tube before this pour. i pulled the handle some gas spat out the tap and then..... nothing!
soooo you know what i did unhooked tge gas from other kegs left the blocked tap open then turned up reg pressure yep it worked a treat one cup of foam now this.:)

@Mark D Pirate cheers mate on your input on this RyeIPA its a treat a lovely well ballanced cup of tropical fruitiness i can tell you know we nailed the grain bill:)!
it is delicious ive not used this much hops in a brew thus so far even if i did mix up me simcoe addition with summit whatever i like the result;). its got a dominant fruity nose with a piney fruity resinous flavour. its well supported with a good solid malt background with a rounded finish. head isnt nothing ro brag about but it holds a thin blanket across the top of the beer. a bit haze but i expect its from the heavy dip tube blocking dry hop addition. ill be brewing somethung simillar again. but deffinetly gunna keep the grain ratio spot on. cheers!
20180216_165352.jpg

ok ok here is the helles too mmm mmm im in beer nivarna.
20180216_173001.jpg

Last edited:
Not so fortunate here. I'm out of home brew. Had the flu for almost a month and got behind on brewing. With my pipeline almost dry, brewed a batch on one of the days I felt almost human. Felt much better a couple of weeks later and brewed 2 more batches a couple of weeks apart, the first a Pale Ale with London ESB and the second an IPA with US-05.

The London ESB should have been ready to bottle this past Tuesday. After the krausen had fallen and it was starting to drop clear I had brought the fermentation fridge from 68F down to 63F to pitch the IPA. When the IPA fermentation began to subside, dialed it back up to 68F. While getting ready to keg the Pale Ale on Tuesday discovered that it had started to ferment again. Krausen forming and it had gone from clear back to very turbid.

Unbelievably the krausen had fallen on the IPA and it had dropped clear after only 10 days. Amazing for US-05. Plan is to brew tomorrow, keg the IPA Monday and hope the Pale Ale is done some time next week. Have friends coming in for St. Paddy's day and it would be nice to have 2 well conditioned beers on tap.

The only keg of beer in my keezer kicked last night :( I do have some very nice raspberry cider on tap as well, but saving that for company too). All is not lost though. Our local Safeway store has Sierra Nevada on sale this weekend for $12.88/12 pack. Just hope they have the experimental hop assortment.

@Mark D Pirate cheers mate on your input on this RyeIPA its a treat a lovely well ballanced cup of tropical fruitiness i can tell you know we nailed the grain bill:)!
it is delicious ive not used this much hops in a brew thus so far even if i did mix up me simcoe addition with summit whatever i like the result;). its got a dominant fruity nose with a piney fruity resinous flavour. its well supported with a good solid malt background with a rounded finish. head isnt nothing ro brag about but it holds a thin blanket across the top of the beer. a bit haze but i expect its from the heavy dip tube blocking dry hop addition. ill be brewing somethung simillar again. but deffinetly gunna keep the grain ratio spot on. cheers!

Glad to hear you enjoy it , i can't take all the credit for that recipe since Dr. Smurto openly told me the recipe for his award winning golden ale and i just gave it some steroids and made it angry

well there she goes my mango saison gas been a great season ill miss it till next summer if i can get my hands on some cheap mangos till then. this is what happens when someone drops in for a "few" and i say ok yoj can have a lager a hoppy ale or mmm saison and he keeps pn hitting me saison tap lucky i got the last pour:p.
20180217_195808.jpg

Last edited:
Sierra Nevada's No Middle Ground. They describe it as a Coffee IPA. While it's a decent beer, It needs more hops IMNSHO.

Sierra Nevada's No Middle Ground. They describe it as a Coffee IPA. While it's a decent beer, It needs more hops IMNSHO.
Coffee IPA? Ok haven't heard of that one. Must fall between a brown and a black IPA?

Back