What are you drinking right now?

How would I get any beer out of my fermenter, loading with that amount of hops?
It sinks to the bottom, so draw from somewhere else. Or put one if these on your racking tube.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 73
Essentially. In reality they are brass pads used for cleaning the tips of soldering iron's. I would have preferred a stainless steel scrubbing pad but this is what was available to me.

@Frankenbrewer and @Donoroto My fermenters have spigots because I wanted to get away from using a racking cane or auto siphon. It seems like 3 or 4 hands are necessary when using those devices, and I am equipped with only 2 - hands, that is.
So what is the purpose of the metal scrubby tool in this scenario?

@Frankenbrewer and @Donoroto My fermenters have spigots because I wanted to get away from using a racking cane or auto siphon. It seems like 3 or 4 hands are necessary when using those devices, and I am equipped with only 2 - hands, that is.
So what is the purpose of the metal scrubby tool in this scenario?
Acts as a filter

Turned out well. A little strong for too many in a setting. Going to scale it for a session Porter next time. But this perfect for this time of year.

View attachment 18264 My amber ale is drinking really nice. I am very pleased with this batch, a little different than the last in that I used San Diego Super Yeast. That could become the house strain, at least during the cooler part of the year.
Oh that looks delicious!
Drinking that at the right temp herm?:rolleyes:

Are these large-particle filters reusable, or are they single use?
Well, they are metal, dishwasher-safe, and I feel that with some rinsing and care they should last a hundred brews of more.

Next time you're at the grocery store, go to the cleaning supplies section and look at the scrubber pads they sell, look for metal ones, also known as stainless steel 'wool', but clearly much larger 'strands' than standard steel wool.

Particles smaller than maybe a poppy seed might get through, but leaves/bits from hops mostly won't. Since it's so open, it won't clog (at least for batches on our scale). With a spigot in a plastic fermenter I do wonder how to fasten the thing to the inside though.

Well, they are metal, dishwasher-safe, and I feel that with some rinsing and care they should last a hundred brews of more.

Next time you're at the grocery store, go to the cleaning supplies section and look at the scrubber pads they sell, look for metal ones, also known as stainless steel 'wool', but clearly much larger 'strands' than standard steel wool.

Particles smaller than maybe a poppy seed might get through, but leaves/bits from hops mostly won't. Since it's so open, it won't clog (at least for batches on our scale). With a spigot in a plastic fermenter I do wonder how to fasten the thing to the inside though.
I know the product you are describing, and I am intrigued by your idea. One of those scrubber pads could be attached to the inboard side of the spigot, maybe with a zip tie or an uncoated wire. This assembly would be sanitized in the normal process of sanitizing the fermenter.

Back