What are you drinking right now?

Brought this back from Nashville, expectations were low, I mean, really, Yee Haw Brewing Company? It is actually really good!
20191119_171954.jpg

What's the one in the airport? I wasn't impressed.... Yazoo City or something like that.

Just a simple Schwarzbier after pizza with the kids and grandchildren. No pics, though.

Nosy's Nautical Star, opaque black, roasty, some burnt notes but with a sweet finish. Fruity esters in the finish. I managed to soften the acrid roast using bicarbonate. Good beer! Likely better with a few weeks age.
20191120_201321.jpg

Nosy's Nautical Star, opaque black, roasty, some burnt notes but with a sweet finish. Fruity esters in the finish. I managed to soften the acrid roast using bicarbonate. Good beer! Likely better with a few weeks age.View attachment 7981
Well there ya go this brews gone round full circle. I used some bicarb soda in a brown ale earlier on in the year I found rounded out the flavours I'm sure if my memory serves me correct I added some to my run in nauticle squirrel stout.

Fairly avid. Unfortunately more avid a brewer than drinker. I need to invite all y'all over to help me dispose of some....
In other news, just sampled my ESB, the HMS Victory recipe I posted some time back for consideration as an ESB. It's a very nice beer despite a brew day disaster - I started chilling, left for dinner at kids, came back and the kettle was full of foam! Only thing is that it may be a bit too aggressively bitter. Lots will like it, it's a nice, clean, woody bitterness, but I'd like a bit more balance. Since someone - I can't remember who, asked for an ESB recipe, I'll continue to update. At this point, my assessment is the basics of the recipe are good, just need some fine-tuning on the bitterness.

Problem is, some of those grains won't be available to me outside of special orders or online.... Next brew will be with more mundane stuff.
Well that's a long drive from Wisconsin...wait a minute, there's beer involved! A matter of utmost import, possibly national security.

Back