What are you doing with homebrew today?

Brewing a Cantillon wheat beer, here’s the mash photo. Will swap it for a few gallons of one year old Cantillon from the homebrew club
709DD34E-A223-4987-B5A3-047C7DED4734.jpeg
barrel. Looking forward to trying it! Make a deposit, take a withdrawal! Looking forward to years of evolving flavors.

I decided that is should still be warm enough to brew with kveik Voss.
At least then I don't need my fermentation fridge.
So I'll brew today or tomorrow.
Wheat beer with lemongrass/kaffir lime & lemon peel.
Or with a toch of ginger.
I'll use my hallertau blanc hops

That looks very sophisticated to me ;)

Decided to have a bash at this:
MyDSC2S1-051.jpg

Old Suffolk Strong Ale. It is a dextrose inclusive kit but I added 250g of medium spraymalt as well. Estimated ABV: 6%. OG: 1.064 [Range for British Strong Ale 1.080-1.055] - FG Target: 1.014 which would put it around 6.5% before priming.

MyDSC2S1-049.jpg

Lovely aroma and colour in the bin just couldn't get a good shot of it. A deep dark brown with somewhere between golden and ginger tints in the splashes. Supposedly has a 'capuccino' head when finished.

MyDSC2S1-050.jpg

I don't usually put the insulating wrap on in March but Spring has been held back a bit at the moment with all that snow (still getting some on and off).

Dry hopping on day 6. Looking forward to the Boadicea hop pellets, that's a new one for me too. Anybody familiar?

Recommended conditioning 14 days. Plan is to split this batch between small keg and bottles. Anything like their Porter and I will be very happy.

Back