What are you doing with homebrew today?

Today I bottled for the first time (!), in preparation for the NHC. Used a borrowed counterpressure filler to fill from the keg and... lordy, what a mess!

Going to start a new thread about bottling from a keg. Again, the photo is forced to landscape orientation...
View attachment 14726
I really need to get on that too, the Shady Bohemian could just as well get bottled and got right back in at 34 until I'm ready to ship it.

I have a busy evening ahead of me tonight.
Two kegs kicked last night so I will be cleaning kegs, beer lines, and taps.
Also have last Friday's brew to keg.
Will also be measuring out grains, hops, and water for tomorrow evenings brew session.
I will be back to 2 kegs pouring by the weekend, and tomorrows brew is with VOSS, so I will be back up to 3 kegs the following weekend.
Must keep brewing...

Bottled up the stout tonight.

20210318_215328.jpg

Bottled my Light Yardwork Ale today. 14.5 20 oz bottles. Always seems to be a bit less than I expect. Tastes good, with citrus/orange coming through. 3.5% ABV with good hops aroma. Am optimistic it will be great in a few weeks!

Monitoring temp on the ESB today. I’m going closer to the end of the temp range. Fullers has some fruitiness I haven’t achieved cooler. We’ll see. The “farts” from the airlock are smelling nice with more EKG coming through than usual.

Took a sample Friday nights brew session, it is basically done, down to 1011 in less than 24 hours. I will let it sit for another day at 32C, then crank it down to cold crash. Will keg this Thursday, and probably be enjoying it next Friday.
20210321_152305.jpg

Kegged the Nevada Ale Likeness - the hops bag tried to clog the outlet, had to get the big spoon in there to pry it away. Trying a fast carbonation in a 2 liter PET bottle with a $10 carb cap from the LHBS.

Then mixed up the Chardonnay kit for the hausfrau and sprinkled on the yeast. Monitoring it with the Tilt, in about 2 weeks the instructions say it'll be ready for secondary. Still debating whether to secondary in a plastic bucket or a keg.

The NPAL will be had with dinner tonight.

Took a sample Friday nights brew session, it is basically done, down to 1011 in less than 24 hours. I will let it sit for another day at 32C, then crank it down to cold crash. Will keg this Thursday, and probably be enjoying it next Friday.
View attachment 14789
Orange juice:rolleyes::D?

Back