What are you doing with homebrew today?

Last edited:
My son and I cooked up the quarterly Saturday afternoon. Today Monday afternoon it has pretty much finished its frementation. The WLP550 I used really is some wild stuff. I think it gained about 9 degrees F durring its fermentation and hit target in 48 hours or less.

$53 for a gallon of glycol. That hurt. Now contemplating what to brew for the last empty keg.something ale for certain

Cleaning kegs
20240207_153530.jpg
and kegmenter. That's 1 kegmenter and 2 kegs best hombrew cleaner out AKA bucket blaster!

And Mrs spotted this tiny Tiney leak on my braided hose today! WTF wow she done good that goes to my carbon water filter for my brewing.
20240207_150604.jpg

You can just see it if you look at the tap...

Cleaning kegs View attachment 28375and kegmenter. That's 1 kegmenter and 2 kegs best hombrew cleaner out AKA bucket blaster!

And Mrs spotted this tiny Tiney leak on my braided hose today! WTF wow she done good that goes to my carbon water filter for my brewing.View attachment 28376
You can just see it if you look at the tap...
when you have a "brewery", there's always something to fix or replace. Hang in there!

Made some adjustments to my mash basket to accommodate double batch brewing.
20240208_165847.jpg

Thank God for cotehangers :p

Got it suspended higher up in the kettle with the larger volume the mash basket would be under the liquid line.

I also drilled some side holes to suspend my basket with some bolts for sparging.
Again with the extra volume the bottom of the mash basket would be sitting in the wort when sparging not above the wort/liquid level
20240208_165906.jpg

Your screen name should be "The Hardest Working Homebrewer"
Thanks man!

That translates to the hardest dri king hombrewer lol :oops: :D .

Hey we just love brewing and drinking right?

Doing this atm scary shoit the washing machine is Farked the spinny barrel inside is on the piss I hope it's the belt needs a new one fingers crossed...
20240210_092204.jpg

Looks loose or moved across ?

I'll be missing TrialBen :) :)
Anyway, I am just sitting and thinking I should move ginger concoction to pet bottles and free up a keg for my kveik-palm. Curious about that one as previous versions were made with BRY97

Also wondering if carbonation wouldn't go faster if connecting the CO2 line to the beer disconnect so CO2 is piped in inside the beer.
It will cause some turbulence but that should settle out again.
Daft idea?

I'll be missing TrialBen :) :)
Anyway, I am just sitting and thinking I should move ginger concoction to pet bottles and free up a keg for my kveik-palm. Curious about that one as previous versions were made with BRY97

Also wondering if carbonation wouldn't go faster if connecting the CO2 line to the beer disconnect so CO2 is piped in inside the beer.
It will cause some turbulence but that should settle out again.
Daft idea?
I think that's what them carbonation caps are for they have a carbonation stone attached.

Bought some of this today with beery intentions in mind.
Think it will be great doseing kegs of ginger beer 50ml / 200ml it rekons on the bottle. Hmmm

Attachments

• 20240210_182855.jpg
    20240210_182855.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 26
Thanks man!

That translates to the hardest dri king hombrewer lol :oops: :D .

Hey we just love brewing and drinking right?

Doing this atm scary shoit the washing machine is Farked the spinny barrel inside is on the piss I hope it's the belt needs a new one fingers crossed...View attachment 28396

Looks loose or moved across ?
Looks misaligned for sure.

So I guess the trial period is over and Ben has decided to post once or twice on Brewers Friend now?

Back