What are you doing with homebrew today?

Adding heat to a fermenter is tactically easier than removing heat.

Ask at that brewery, maybe they'll share some tips for a CDA? Likely have to go during the day to find the actual brewer.
I suppose I could put a heating blanket in the tub with the fermenters, though I’m not sure about temperature control since the blanket has auto shutoff.

As for the brewery that makes the delicious CDA, they’re a few hours drive northeast of us. I have looked at their website, which lists the malts and hops, though not in their respective proportions. There are guidelines to work with, so I’ll go the recipe builder route while trying to stay within those guidelines.

We are lucky to have The Bier Stein, a tap house and bottle shop that has an ever changing list of local and international beers on tap. Funny thing is I was hoping they would have a CDA on tap - I was in luck.

I agree with the lager. The timing and my refrigerator being in the garage got me thinking about a lager in January too. It can freeze in January once in a while, and it would be nice not to need a hairdryer in the garage for fermenting beer. If I didn't have my heart set on a Pre Pro, I might look at a Schwarzbier.
I walked outside to a chilly 62 this morning LOL.
Wow, sounds like shorts and sandals weather!

Instead of a CDA you should try a Baltic Porter! It's a big, boozy, dark lager. The yeast would love your 56F closet
More food for thought. I have barely started enjoying stouts, now I need to try porters, too.

Even with winter near, IPA is still the prevalent beer style here. At the Friendly Garden, I’ve been doing my part to help them empty a keg of local Gratitude Brewing That’s the Minimum Maximum Imperial IPA. They started with 12 ounce pours for $5, now they’re pouring pints to get through it.

Looking at brewing water
image.jpg

Shaking/swirling two vanilla beans in 5 ounces Tito’s vodka, to be added to Pereboom’s Chocolate Stout when it’s done fermenting in about ten days and I move it off the yeast cake. First time reusing they fermenter yeast from prior fermentation, along with 05 for backup. Was bubbling vigorously after first 6 hours.

I suppose I could put a heating blanket in the tub with the fermenters, though I’m not sure about temperature control since the blanket has auto shutoff.

As for the brewery that makes the delicious CDA, they’re a few hours drive northeast of us. I have looked at their website, which lists the malts and hops, though not in their respective proportions. There are guidelines to work with, so I’ll go the recipe builder route while trying to stay within those guidelines.

We are lucky to have The Bier Stein, a tap house and bottle shop that has an ever changing list of local and international beers on tap. Funny thing is I was hoping they would have a CDA on tap - I was in luck.
Instead of the blanket, use a heating pad, the kind for a bad back. I use mine (rated 50 W)on low (maybe 20 Watts?) and it is almost too much. I use a bungee core to place it in contact with the fermented and an Inkbird 308(?) controller to maintain temperature.

Instead of the blanket, use a heating pad, the kind for a bad back. I use mine (rated 50 W)on low (maybe 20 Watts?) and it is almost too much. I use a bungee core to place it in contact with the fermented and an Inkbird 308(?) controller to maintain temperature.
Or get a heat mat for seedlings on Amazon - built for damp environment

I've cold crashed my voss brew ;)
(Meaning I took them out of the coolerbox and put them outside overnight before bottling this morning, so from around 33 to 18 oC (90 to 65 F))

Bottling this morning and I'll then be brewing a wheat beer, based on Miraculix cheap skate recipe on homebrewtalk

Bottling done
The beer smelt amazing! It got coriander, lemon peel, kaffir lime leaves & saaz. In bigger amounts than my previous brew.

Cooling the cheapskate. Will be a light beer OG = 12 brix. Saaz, styrian and some sliced ginger. Plenty dough balls.

Bottling done
The beer smelt amazing! It got coriander, lemon peel, kaffir lime leaves & saaz. In bigger amounts than my previous brew.

Cooling the cheapskate. Will be a light beer OG = 12 brix. Saaz, styrian and some sliced ginger. Plenty dough balls.
You've had a big day that beer you bottled sounds great hope it conditions into something even better.:)

I've cold crashed my voss brew ;)
(Meaning I took them out of the coolerbox and put them outside overnight before bottling this morning, so from around 33 to 18 oC (90 to 65 F))

Bottling this morning and I'll then be brewing a wheat beer, based on Miraculix cheap skate recipe on homebrewtalk
Miraculous mix sounds intriguing

Back