What are you doing with homebrew today?

Missed my window will let it finish up on its own and carbonate with co2 cartridges oh well. 1.009 so I don’t expect much what attenuation do you all get with BRY 97? Recipe builder had 72%. I’m at 74%
For that grain bill, I would expect around 80%. I also used BRY-97 for Herms Wheat and got close to 85%, though it did get a little warm on me (to no ill effect).

Missed my window will let it finish up on its own and carbonate with co2 cartridges oh well. 1.009 so I don’t expect much what attenuation do you all get with BRY 97? Recipe builder had 72%. I’m at 74%
Yeah I'm high 70's sometimes 80%
Depending how hot I mash:)

Oh here's my attenuation on herms wheat wowie I forgot lol
Screenshot_20220830-111259_Samsung Internet.jpg

So I may have a few more points to go.
Not sure Josh it looks like Megarys fermentation matched mine with 85%attenuation.
But 1.009 is pretty low I personally wouldn't sweat it if you think it's ready crash her and get it carbing

Oh remember my OG was 1.044 not .051 like the recipe states so depends on that too

Yeah mine was low too. 1.008 now. Probably it. Still super cloudy and krausen on top but the krausen isn’t bubbling on top anymore. I’ll probably keg it a few days. It will sit at room temp until the fridge is available anyway. I need the tilt back by Saturday for my Vienna lager :)

Yeah mine was low too. 1.008 now. Probably it. Still super cloudy and krausen on top but the krausen isn’t bubbling on top anymore. I’ll probably keg it a few days. It will sit at room temp until the fridge is available anyway. I need the tilt back by Saturday for my Vienna lager :)
Now remember it is wheat beer mine never cleared up and style wise they don't have to.

Kegged @Herm_brews wheat. Holy crap it was citrusy! Looking forward to this one on a hot day. It will sit in my keg till probably weekend before I get it in the refrigerator. 1.007 FG. May get another point at room temp.

Moved the fermenter with the last batch of Rapier Wit to the garage fridge to cold crash overnight before bottling tomorrow. First time I’ve done this. Hopefully it’ll clean up a little better and make ia better head. ZERO head on the last batch unless I hold the bottle nearly a foot from the glass. Even then, it only lasts about 3 minutes. Looks very flat except for the rising bubbles. Tastes wonderful, but not a showy brew.

Double transfer tonight onto the bunyip.
20220902_204455.jpg

Gotta get this done tonight I don't see alot of time in my near future.
No cold crash on this bunyip so it's murky but time is on my side :).

Yup gas is out onto soda stream not because of this transfer I was near out before I began...

Yeast pitched. I had a perfect few day until I was trying to transfer the beer to a fermenter. The spigot was CLOGGED. So i had to dump it old school style. I also pitched a few degrees above the temp I wanted. My reading was 70 but after I pitched it was 76. Hopefully 34/70’s flexibility comes into play here. Keg is in ice so it will drop a few.

Picked a a 1/3hp electric motor and ordered couplers to attach the motor to the gearbox to the mill...got a bigger one than I had after talking to the guy at CrankandStein about how much power to turn the 3GT mill I hope to upgrade to in the near future.

Also sold a pound of hops on Facebook, first time I've ever sold any. Hope to move another 3-4 pounds of Cluster, I've got WAY more than I'm going to use(and I use A LOT of Cluster).

Picked a a 1/3hp electric motor and ordered couplers to attach the motor to the gearbox to the mill...got a bigger one than I had after talking to the guy at CrankandStein about how much power to turn the 3GT mill I hope to upgrade to in the near future.

Also sold a pound of hops on Facebook, first time I've ever sold any. Hope to move another 3-4 pounds of Cluster, I've got WAY more than I'm going to use(and I use A LOT of Cluster).
Congrats on the sale, Bulin!

Woohoo to our resident hop grower !

Transfered the Schwarzbier into kegmenter onto Munich lager yeast cake transfer temp was 24c set stc to 17c and my new spunding valve is set at 10psi.

20220904_135506.jpg

Looks like things are already underway 3psi registering on the spund.

After cleaning out my fermentasaurs I'm so glad I bought this kegmenter it's a pleasure to use!

Yeast pitched. I had a perfect few day until I was trying to transfer the beer to a fermenter. The spigot was CLOGGED. So i had to dump it old school style. I also pitched a few degrees above the temp I wanted. My reading was 70 but after I pitched it was 76. Hopefully 34/70’s flexibility comes into play here. Keg is in ice so it will drop a few.
So is that to kettle spigot?
That sux dude

Couple of hours later were at pressure wow!
20220904_154131.jpg

Last edited:

Back