What are you doing with homebrew today?

Looks like my saison has carbonated enough. Moved 1 bottle to the fridge for testing
Drinking it now :cool:
Very light in colour as expected.
But not nearly as dry as I thought it would be.
Slight sweetness. Reminds me of a blonde.
And I like blondes :p
The beer is still very young, but sofar, I'm happy

Nothing wrong with a young blonde...
I don't know, I guess I've gotten to an age where, even if I wasn't married, just not finding many women under 30 all that interesting...however, i do like some fresh blonde ale(and I drink it cold, heathen that I am).

Got my score sheets back from the Nat Com, only Shore Leave made the 2nd round...not really suprised as Shady Boh has been slowly drifting away from style for a while. Thinking about brewing a batch with a few more ibu's and a lower attenuating yeast to get it into style(and see how I like it that way).

I don't know, I guess I've gotten to an age where, even if I wasn't married, just not finding many women under 30 all that interesting...however, i do like some fresh blonde ale(and I drink it cold, heathen that I am).

Got my score sheets back from the Nat Com, only Shore Leave made the 2nd round...not really suprised as Shady Boh has been slowly drifting away from style for a while. Thinking about brewing a batch with a few more ibu's and a lower attenuating yeast to get it into style(and see how I like it that way).
Ah its only a category man as long as your liking it.

"Judges, judges? You don't need no stinkin judges"

Made a starter using imperial harvest slurry for my Festbier. I always drink the beer on top. It didn’t taste as expected…so I dumped that and grabbed a fresh pack of Imperial harvest for a new starter. It’s 4 months old so I felt to be safe I’d make one.

Made a starter using imperial harvest slurry for my Festbier. I always drink the beer on top. It didn’t taste as expected…so I dumped that and grabbed a fresh pack of Imperial harvest for a new starter. It’s 4 months old so I felt to be safe I’d make one.
Good call Josh I've used a dodgey starter before in a brew and regretted it.

Bottling day....and what a day it was...a wand malfunction had me washing the kitchen matt and the vinyl floor but I still got 2 cases + and a little something to test out in the SodaStream. Munich Cluster with some oats...reminds me of an ordinary bitter....I used Lutra at a low temperature, 68° F....the stuff makes a pretty dense yeast cake.

20220720_202713.jpg

Howduya like them sexy blue crowns?

Oh yeah...the Indestro worked great...let's see how those 4 test bottles do...

Interesting comment about the sodastream.
Never thought of using it for some quick carbonation for tasting :)
I got a real stylish one. No idea how old. Bought 2nd hand around 2000.
View attachment 21566
That'll do the job for sure. I'd chill the beer before you hit it on the soda stream for maximum absorption.

Preparing my strike water before I leave for work. Then when I get home I can heat the water and mash the grains for my gose. I'll do a 2 day lactobacillus planarum ferment to hit the desired pH, and then do the actual boil after work on Saturday and pitch yeast on Sunday.

Now would be a great time for one of those electric all in one's with a timer :D come home to hot strike water. Maybe someday...

Preparing my strike water before I leave for work. Then when I get home I can heat the water and mash the grains for my gose. I'll do a 2 day lactobacillus planarum ferment to hit the desired pH, and then do the actual boil after work on Saturday and pitch yeast on Sunday.

Now would be a great time for one of those electric all in one's with a timer :D come home to hot strike water. Maybe someday...
I should have done this this morning since I plan to brew a "Cold" IPA tonight after work. I'm going to try it to see what all of the hubbub is about. Oh well a late night

I should have done this this morning since I plan to brew a "Cold" IPA tonight after work. I'm going to try it to see what all of the hubbub is about. Oh well a late night
I've enjoyed all of the commercial Cold IPAs that I've tried. Is your recipe posted somewhere?

Back