What are you doing with homebrew today?

Wort is chilled to 100F after a quick boil, lactobacillus is pitched, and the kettle topped with cling wrap and blankets until Saturday. Fingers crossed!
Are you souring to a certain PH Sunfire96 this another reason I've not attempted one. I've got a PH meter but it needs a new probe.

What is the target I wonder?

Are you souring to a certain PH Sunfire96 this another reason I've not attempted one. I've got a PH meter but it needs a new probe.

What is the target I wonder?
I'm trying to hit a ballpark target...somewhere between 3.2-3.7. But seeing as I have no way to measure it, it's a moot point :D it's worked 3 times before, so I'm just hoping it works a 4th time

20 Minutes left in the Cold IPA mash. Anyone ever use Briess Synergy Select Pilsen malt? This the lightest pils I've used to date. It comes de-husked. So far, this may be my go to pils malt.

That'll do the job for sure. I'd chill the beer before you hit it on the soda stream for maximum absorption.

Oh yeah! Works great...just don't put too much green beer into the SodaStream bottle or you'll have a mess to clean up...I don't put more than 1/3 full...thanks to the boys over at Experimental Brewing for that idea!

Slow day at work, home early. Cleaned the brew area floor, sampled and kegged Shore Leave and Blonde on Blonde(primed for keg conditioning). Cleaned the fermenters, a few bottles, a growler, and an empty keg. Reworked and leak tested the fermenter cooler(changed the pump to minimize vibration).

Also sampled the summer ale, think it's a winner.

Not much action so far on my festbier. Never had a beer with a yeast starter take this long to get going.

Not much action so far on my festbier. Never had a beer with a yeast starter take this long to get going.

I wouldn't worry. It's still early yet. Did the yeast perform as expected in the starter? Good kreuzen? Visibly more yeast?

@BarbarianBrewer @Sunfire96 low 60’s, tried to get in 50s but didn’t happen. Starter took a while to take off, it was right at expiration, but seemed to do it’s job. Was still some foam on top when I pitched it into my wort. I make them in milk jugs and I cools tell I grew yeast and the jug was super swelled even after repeated times of degassing it. I have no krausen on top of my current batch. Under 24 hours since pitch but still.

Only Dropped 2 points according to my tilt. Some pressure releases so something is happening. I’m fermenting in a keg with spunding valve barely closed

@BarbarianBrewer @Sunfire96 low 60’s, tried to get in 50s but didn’t happen. Starter took a while to take off, it was right at expiration, but seemed to do it’s job. Was still some foam on top when I pitched it into my wort. I make them in milk jugs and I cools tell I grew yeast and the jug was super swelled even after repeated times of degassing it. I have no krausen on top of my current batch. Under 24 hours since pitch but still.
Yea man, that's frustrating. If I were you I'd give it 72 hours before officially calling it

I have 34/70 in the fridge. Should I go ahead and pitch it? Weird because even though the starter wasn’t “rocking” it still grew yeast and was active

I have 34/70 in the fridge. Should I go ahead and pitch it? Weird because even though the starter wasn’t “rocking” it still grew yeast and was active
If it were me I would wait a couple more days. Lager yeasts are finicky ya know?

Back