What are you doing with homebrew today?

we are looking at nearly 2 full months without rain. Yet the rainfall recorded is already near double what fell last year. Kind of like in a desert.

What does that put this years total up to, about an inch and a half?

The “RainYear” goes from October 1 to September 30. So we got about an inch of rain in October 2021, and another 6 inches in December 2021. So we’re at 7.12 inches total for Rain Year 2021-2022.
For Rain Year 2020-2021 we got barely over 4 inches.
Long term historical average for this area is 13+ inches per year, so we are way behind, but sometimes we get Miracle March rains. For the rest of this week, we have desert winds and high temps near 90F - shorts, t-shirts and open windows in February is nutty.

Milled up grains for a Blue Moon Clone tomorrow. With a thread going on about rice somewhere around here , I boiled up a pound of rice to toss into the mash. see how that goes.

not too sure how good idea adding the rice to this brew was, looks like it's going to be a strong one...
Blue.jpg

Figuring out what to brew with the Oyster Stout, there are so many possibilities! Trying to use up the hops in my freezer, so I'm thinking another West Coast IPA with Cluster, CTZ, Chinook, and Comet. I have 2 oz of Calypso hops that I'm not sure what to do with. Maybe a SMaSH beer or wheat beer. When I was testing out all these hops by "dry hopping" PBR, the Calypso had a surprisingly strong stone fruit/berry aroma. Might make a nice wheat

Transfering my not so blond ale.
I love this trub cone on this batch pretty much tells the fermentation story.:)View attachment 19197
What i see bottom to top. Brew trub that's settled first then your standard hop/trub mix then check out that cool Squiggly yeast line. Then maybe first flock of Dry hop then yeast floculation once cold crash began then finally the remaining hop trub material on top oh I also finned with geletin about 24hrs after cold crash maybe this is that finnings too.
Cheers
Man, you should get a doctorate in beer paleontology! This could be the start of your thesis!

Man, you should get a doctorate in beer paleontology! This could be the start of your thesis!
Thanks man I'm good at talking out my arse:D

Transfering pilsner this is the RO pils I did tasting really good high hopes for this one.

20220211_184035.jpg

This one's story sux it's just trub then a nice 2 inch yeast cone:)

Last edited:
Kegged the Fishbrau pale and Dirty Penster brown ales after 14 days in the fermenter. Crashing to 55F @20 PSI today and then down to 40F tomorrow. Finish up any burst carbing if needed when it's 40F. Cheers! Oh, and I made a video so if y'all want you can see my pickup tube/spigot system in action :D

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CaILGvDjNE3/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Ran another test run on the heated mash tun, placed starter in fridge to drop yeast out this morning. Later I'll weigh and mill the pilsner malt for tomorrow. I'll decant the starter and set it out before bed, plan on starting my decoction mash first thing in the am and want everything pre prepped.

Back