Wasabi in Beer

PSvulert

Trial Member
Reaction score
I've been hooked on this idea way too long, and done some experiments.
I've concluded that wasabi(pepparot), doesn't suit the sugars in beer at all. Therefore I've decided to make a super-dry, greenly flavored, lightly golden colored, hopstanded IPA.
I'm going to need yeast with high attenuation and some tips on keeping the sugars low, but balanced.

I'm also going to add blue food coloring, for green beer effect.

Any tips on yeast, best hops, and how to get a real funky result?

Help is appreciated.

Saison yeast. Most will attenuate way, way down. Mash no higher than 148F and you'll do well to start at 136 and do a slow rise to 148. I love my Saison/Hoppy Blond I make with Sorachi Ace and Lemon Drop hops. The batch of Sorachi I have throws a strong herbal/dill note along with lemon and fruit notes. Very nice combination with the spiciness of Belgian yeast.

Sounds like you need to start experimenting with sours. ;)

Saison yeast. Most will attenuate way, way down. Mash no higher than 148F and you'll do well to start at 136 and do a slow rise to 148. I love my Saison/Hoppy Blond I make with Sorachi Ace and Lemon Drop hops. The batch of Sorachi I have throws a strong herbal/dill note along with lemon and fruit notes. Very nice combination with the spiciness of Belgian yeast.

Sounds like you need to start experimenting with sours. ;)
Yes sir! The help is appreciated. My basil sour experiment is still secret, but I'll keep posted!

Reactions: J A

Back