Try with Rye

Aren't we all chasing that dragon ?
Still refining my rye and it keeps getting better

Good to hear you're enjoying Rye , its not for everyone

Reactions: GPA
Aren't we all chasing that dragon ?
Still refining my rye and it keeps getting better

Good to hear you're enjoying Rye , its not for everyone
I can see how some may not like it but i do , before I change it I need to mash better,my temp control was kind of all over the place, pinched a nice cooler from the basement to use next time.

Hey Jm while I got you here what is the stuff you put in your brew to cut the carbs for your friends in your beer?
It's Clarity Ferm, by white labs. about $5 a vials which is enough for a 5 -7 gallons. just pitch with yeast.

To be clear, I haven't brewed with it yet. I hope to do so soon, but it probably won't be until February when I have someone who is gluten sensitive try it.
Everything I read said it should reduce most beers below the govt gluten free level, but emphasis on should and most

The 12/2015 edition of BYO magazine has caraway seed in the boil at 15m remaining, 0.2oz per 5g batch. One of my best beers is rye, but I'll use up to 75% which you can only realistically do BIAB because it's so thick.

It's Clarity Ferm, by white labs. about $5 a vials which is enough for a 5 -7 gallons. just pitch with yeast.

To be clear, I haven't brewed with it yet. I hope to do so soon, but it probably won't be until February when I have someone who is gluten sensitive try it.
Everything I read said it should reduce most beers below the govt gluten free level, but emphasis on should and most
Thanks for the info I'll give it a shot sorry I didn't respond sooner been crazy busy, but I'm off till next week so time to get some brewing done.
One SMASH and a Zombie dust IPA .. also feeling like a nut brown possibly next weekend lol the basement is a steady 65 f so I want to get a few going.

The 12/2015 edition of BYO magazine has caraway seed in the boil at 15m remaining, 0.2oz per 5g batch. One of my best beers is rye, but I'll use up to 75% which you can only realistically do BIAB because it's so thick.
Thanks I'll have to see if I can find the article somewhere Wow 75% that's pretty thick let me know how it turns out.. love rye !!

Thanks I'll have to see if I can find the article somewhere Wow 75% that's pretty thick let me know how it turns out.. love rye !!

It's always syrup thick but drinks much lighter without roasted malts. This season's batch of rye used allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, clove, and orange peel per that article on spices. I have it earmarked because it lists amounts to add and when to add them.

It's always syrup thick but drinks much lighter without roasted malts. This season's batch of rye used allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, clove, and orange peel per that article on spices. I have it earmarked because it lists amounts to add and when to add them.
Can't seem to find it probably will have to purchase it , that one sounds like a tastebud party!!

Back