Today's news feed

Hard to say. I tried them recently. Wasnt bad, but not on the buy again list. Did they make anything more than just the steam lager?
Their Christmas Ale was always awesome. But they dropped it last year too. (after over 20 years) Go figure, they shut the doors for good after ceasing nationwide distribution...

I'm still a bit in 2 ways about it.
(Background in horticulture, plant breeding & plant diseases).
Yes, everything has been modified but in a way that is possible by nature.

The way things go right now (at times) by bringing in genetic material from one organism to another where this is not possible in nature does worry me (example, putting dog dna in a baboon, yes not happening but it could)
Alright, thats going a bit further than this article, but I do wonder at times

While not exactly the same that Nova Lager yeast I've been using is an "Hybrid" yeast strain with it inability to produce sulphur.

It's fascinating stuff yes and bending the rules maybe.

I'm pretty sure Cade had interviewed this dude on the Bru Lab.

Yes, everything has been modified but in a way that is possible by nature
This is an interesting topic and getting just a scratch of the surface understanding of a very complicated and massive topic went a long way for me.
It's the Crispr technology that starts you down the "baboog" road of really scary transgenic stuff as far as my glancing encounter goes. Check out 2 episodes on The Brü Lab, #112 and 113 for the beer centric knowledge that @Trialben mentioned. If you want to hear what I thought was an even keeled GMO friendly talk, check out Unbias Science podcast on GMOs. https://www.unbiasedscipod.com/episodes/hey-ho-gmo-myths-have-got-to-go
As studied of an organism that yeast is and all of the time, money and legal wrangling it takes to bring something to market, I'm less warily of GMOs then I was. Knowledge is good!

Back