Swimming in Beer! (not literally)

J A

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
So after brewing for a party that we ended up cancelling because of a funeral that my wife had to attend and then brewing a few double batches for a big wedding that the virus turned into a very, very small wedding, I have more beer in my system than I could ever imagine.
Here are the cans that I filled in order to clear kegs:
20200318_120219.jpg

Then there's the 20 gallons of Light Lager and 20 gallons of Dark Lager that I kegged and put into cold storage to clear. Then there's the 15 or more gallons of Pale Ale in my chilled unitank waiting for me to clean out some more kegs and find cold space.
Then there's the 10 gallons of Apple-Hibiscus Cider that's in 2 carboys and ready to keg the second any keg space opens up.
And I've still got beer on tap. :eek:
I'm not saying that it's the worst problem I ever had, but I'm struggling to get everything kegged and cold. I'll be canning a lot once everything is settled down and ready to drink but even after it's canned, I want to keep it cold. At least once it's canned, I can get plenty of help getting it out of my fridge.
Family, friends and neighbors won't have far to look for a free beer for the a while. :)

I hear ya JA. I was brewing like mad to have beers ready for competition. With local comps and a local pro-am canceling, my pipeline is full. Fortunately I didn’t get around to bottling much. But I have 3 kegs partially full, 2 full kegs that just finished conditioning and a beer in the fermenter getting kegged next week. Funny part is my next planned brew is a juicy IPA, getting brewed next week. I see a post virus celebration in our future.

So after brewing for a party that we ended up cancelling because of a funeral that my wife had to attend and then brewing a few double batches for a big wedding that the virus turned into a very, very small wedding, I have more beer in my system than I could ever imagine.
Here are the cans that I filled in order to clear kegs:
View attachment 9179
Then there's the 20 gallons of Light Lager and 20 gallons of Dark Lager that I kegged and put into cold storage to clear. Then there's the 15 or more gallons of Pale Ale in my chilled unitank waiting for me to clean out some more kegs and find cold space.
Then there's the 10 gallons of Apple-Hibiscus Cider that's in 2 carboys and ready to keg the second any keg space opens up.
And I've still got beer on tap. :eek:
I'm not saying that it's the worst problem I ever had, but I'm struggling to get everything kegged and cold. I'll be canning a lot once everything is settled down and ready to drink but even after it's canned, I want to keep it cold. At least once it's canned, I can get plenty of help getting it out of my fridge.
Family, friends and neighbors won't have far to look for a free beer for the a while. :)
Haaaa WOW 1st Corona World Problems tooo Much Beer!!
Seems to be a brewers calamity ATM.
Be kind to you Liver JA:p
I know I havnt been....

Be kind to you Liver JA:p
I'm doing my part to get rid of the glut in the supply line, but I haven't been hitting the beer quite as hard over the last year or so. I try to keep it to a pint a day or so.
For the last few weeks though, I've been in the yard every day taking care of major landscaping, gardening and a new chicken coop. At the end of a hot day's work, an extra glass or so of cold beer has been going down very, very nicely. :)

I'm doing my part to get rid of the glut in the supply line, but I haven't been hitting the beer quite as hard over the last year or so. I try to keep it to a pint a day or so.
For the last few weeks though, I've been in the yard every day taking care of major landscaping, gardening and a new chicken coop. At the end of a hot day's work, an extra glass or so of cold beer has been going down very, very nicely. :)
You've gotta hydrate and replenish them calories!

You deserve it. Them Chooks will thank you for your spent mash. I know I've been giving eggs away atm to neighbours their good to have around if not a bit noisy at times but so is their owner:cool:

Just had another peep at the cans guess their all marked with what's inside. Russian Beer can Roulette!

You deserve it. Them Chooks will thank you for your spent mash. I know I've been giving eggs away atm to neighbours their good to have around if not a bit noisy at times but so is their owner:cool:

Just had another peep at the cans guess their all marked with what's inside. Russian Beer can Roulette!
Yeah...indelible marker holds up pretty well. Not labeled with a lot of info, just which beer it is.

And I reckon the girls will, indeed, eat pretty well around here. :)

Haaaa WOW 1st Corona World Problems tooo Much Beer!!

I don't know about our state, province or territory but I'm pretty sure that the folks at AB-InBev are just a little torqued at Governor Wolfe here in Pennsylvania shutting down bars the day before St Patty's day! Where did all that green beer go?

What can seamer do you have JA?
OKtober SL-1 ...I got one of the first run machines at the intro price. It was still plenty expensive but not nearly as much as the current price.

I really want a seamer but jesus christ they're pricey, and for how little I bottle I can't justify it.

Yeah and I haven't spent that much on kegging. Better money is on a proper ferm chamber.

Reactions: J A
Only reason that I managed was that their promo price came along at exactly the same time that I was able to sell something of similar value that I'd had sitting around for a while doing nothing. Seemed like a good swap and I've used the heck out of that seamer. Even my wife thinks it's pretty cool! :D :D

Back