Still learning to brew with my homemade brewery.

Hey, your brew, your call. But Piwo us smoked wheat. Just sayin.

Keep looking;)
SAZZ will be a good choice or any noble hop variety why not ask the Author ( @Nosybear ) of the current Q3 recipe his opinion.
There are also some great articles on the style linked in that thread...
Thanks, will do. I really think this is a good recipe to do and we can make this happen! I am so looking forward to making this beer. I will do my best to make something. Cheers me fren.

Could use a very small amount of heavy peeted malt or smoke the barley with oaked barrel staves! Just saying! Lol...
I wouldn't use peated malt, smells too much like a bog fire.

Still have to find a hop variety close to "Tomyski", I bet you would have to pay through the nose, to find it at the local brew shop, lol, good luck! LMAO.
I have a friend in Gdansk who got me some Maryika and Lubelski. Didn't make that much of a difference over straight Saaz. Lublin/Lubelski is Saaz grown in Poland. Keys to my brews of it are smoked wheat and magnesium.

Hey, your brew, your call. But Piwo us smoked wheat. Just sayin.[/QUOTE
I have a friend in Gdansk who got me some Maryika and Lubelski. Didn't make that much of a difference over straight Saaz. Lublin/Lubelski is Saaz grown in Poland. Keys to my brews of it are smoked wheat and magnesium.
Ok, I will consider Saaz for hops. I think you are correct and this will work very good. What if the peated malt is added as an adjunct, after mash, but before the boil, say 5 or 10 minutes during the last of the lauder. It would not give the sugars, but would give it some of the body, especially its smoke residue? Would this not work? I'm not a chemist, but could this work?

Last edited:
Ok, I will consider Saaz for hops. I think you are correct and this will work very good. What if the peated malt is added as an adjunct, after mash, but before the boil, say 5 or 10 minutes during the last of the lauder. It would not give the sugars, but would give it some of the body, especially its smoke residue? Would this not work? I'm not a chemist, but could this work?
I've never tasted a good use of peated malt. If you want to amp up the smoke, try mesquite smokes, more barbecue, less bog. But the wheat malt will give the beer plenty of body.

FWIW I find the recipie Nosey put forward plenty of smoke anymore would be overwhelming to my palate anyhow.

FWIW I find the recipie Nosey put forward plenty of smoke anymore would be overwhelming to my palate anyhow.
I agree. The recipe as written is like a slightly smoky Pilsner, with ale yeast. It is incredibly crushable.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/forum/threads/q3-2021-brewersfriend-community-recipie.14852/

A bit long but will introduce you to the quarterly community recipes and a Piwo Grodziskie. I highly recommend this recipe.

I have been wondering where the quartrrly recipes were. Until @Megary posted this link I couldn't find them or did not have access
Fortunately the page has a "follow therad" button or I would have to access it from this post every time as I cannot find it anywhere.

I have been wondering where the quartrrly recipes were. Until @Megary posted this link I couldn't find them or did not have access
Fortunately the page has a "follow therad" button or I would have to access it from this post every time as I cannot find it anywhere.
https://www.brewersfriend.com/forum/forums/brewers-friend-community-recipe-discussion.31/

There is a subforum under General Brewing Discussion. The stickied thread is a master list of all community recipes thus far, and each recipe has its own thread for discussion/questions/critique. The general rules/guidelines are laid out in the "Community recipe?" thread, but some things have shifted and morphed since the inception. Cheers!

For some reason I never had access to that thread, All is good now.

Maybe, as my wife tells me often, "You have man eyes".
upload_2021-8-26_14-10-3.png

UHhhh, ....yeah, That's probably it...

I wish the stickied forums were listed below the page numbers, but what are you gonna do

Back