Still learning to brew with my homemade brewery.

Blackhound

Trial Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Very happy so far with running it. I have only brewed about 4, 10 gal. batches so far and getting ready this weekend to do another Whitbier.
Only took about 5 years to put it all together in one spot.
Happy brewing!

Attachments

• 20210825_111112.jpg
    20210825_111112.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 123
Just slowly picked away with it. Has opened up the hobby a lot more and is very exciting to explore. I look forward to making some of the members delicious brews on my equipment!

I look forward to making some of the members delicious brews on my equipment!
We pick a name out of the hat every quarter and that member puts out a recipe which many if us brew. Q3 is a Piwo Grodziskie (a kind of wheat beer). So far every one has stretched my capabilities as a brewer and helped me get a lot better at all this.

Also, we have a Zoom meeting the last Saturday of each month, which is the end of this week, you should consider joining us if you have some time. I think you'll find it interesting to meet other breweries and talk about beer for a while.

We pick a name out of the hat every quarter and that member puts out a recipe which many if us brew. Q3 is a Piwo Grodziskie (a kind of wheat beer). So far every one has stretched my capabilities as a brewer and helped me get a lot better at all this.

Also, we have a Zoom meeting the last Saturday of each month, which is the end of this week, you should consider joining us if you have some time. I think you'll find it interesting to meet other breweries and talk about beer for a while.
Ok, I will setup a Zoom account before Saturday. Thanks for the info. Will try to be there! Brew often, my fren!

What is a "Piwo Grodziskie", I had never heard of it before, nor tried tasting it? I cannot find it on this site.

What is a "Piwo Grodziskie", I had never heard of it before, nor tried tasting it? I cannot find it on this site.
Yeah, almost none of us had ever heard of it either. Short answer, it mens "beer from Grodzisk" which is a town in Poland. It's made with smoked wheat, under 4% abv. For me, it is kind of like a weitzen, light body and dry. Good lawnmower beer.

Last edited:
S
Sorry, My bad. Did some looking on the interzones and found some info. Good possibility to re-create this beer style. I have some ideas and they just might work! Give me some time to work on this! Happy brewing me fren!

S

Sorry, My bad. Did some looking on the interzones and found some info. Good possibility to re-create this beer style. I have some ideas and they just might work! Give me some time to work on this! Happy brewing me fren!
The hard part, is finding a yeast strain close to what they used to use! I have some ideas, but let me research this a little bit more. This is an interesting beer style! I hope to come up with something soon!

Could use a very small amount of heavy peeted malt or smoke the barley with oaked barrel staves! Just saying! Lol...

Smoked wheat is rare but the Interweb sells it.

I
Yeah, almost none of us had ever heard of it either. Short answer, it mens "beer from Grodzisk" which is a town in Poland. It's made with smoked wheat, under 4% abv. For me, it is kind of like a weitzen, light body and dry. Good lawnmower beer.
I have a 55 lbs. bag of Bairds Heavily Peated malt. I was going to make a absolutely delicious Lagavulin single malt scotch from my "beer making equipment". Let me think this one out!

Smoked wheat is rare but the Interweb sells it.
No, not smoked wheat. Well, yes you could, but smoked or peated barley, I think would be better and less work. Just saying!

No, not smoked wheat. Well, yes you could, but smoked or peated barley, I think would be better and less work. Just saying!
Still have to find a hop variety close to "Tomyski", I bet you would have to pay through the nose, to find it at the local brew shop, lol, good luck! LMAO.

The reci
The recipe would still have wheat malt and flakes, just not smoked. I would try for a recipe with smoked barley.

The reci

The recipe would still have wheat malt and flakes, just not smoked. I would try for a recipe with smoked barley.
Keep looking;)
SAZZ will be a good choice or any noble hop variety why not ask the Author ( @Nosybear ) of the current Q3 recipe his opinion.
There are also some great articles on the style linked in that thread...

Back