Small split batch T-58 / S-33

Maybe a Belgian Blonde? Has a slight sweetness with sugars added to dry it out and more alcohol but more hops. And a different beer to brew.:)
Probably be more suited to a Belgian Pale Ale where yeast flavor is subdued and finish is softer and maltier as opposed to the crisp, yeast-inflected style of the Blonde.

http://www.bjcp.org/docs/2015_Guidelines_Beer.pdf
Style 25A page 50 shows the guidelines for it. Either of these yeasts could be used for this beer or the Pale Ale.
The reason I pointed to blondes is you can use more hops and dry it out staying with a balanced beer with higher ABV.
I was looking back and see 1.015ish FG which is a little high for either yeast. Could be the sweetness. Do you use pure oxygen or a bubbler of some sort or just shake up the wort?

Probably be more suited to a Belgian Pale Ale where yeast flavor is subdued and finish is softer and maltier as opposed to the crisp, yeast-inflected style of the Blonde.

Funny...I forgot about this when I was talking to my LHBS guy about brewing a Belg Pale for an upcoming competition. We had been talking about S-33 in a different context and I mentioned that I really didn't to use the Trappist yeast I had and I wanted to try something besides T-58 because I wanted more fruit than spice. He said just use the S-33 and I realized of course that's it. I'd forgotten my own advice, but it's exactly what I'll be brewing. :)

http://www.bjcp.org/docs/2015_Guidelines_Beer.pdf
Style 25A page 50 shows the guidelines for it. Either of these yeasts could be used for this beer or the Pale Ale.
The reason I pointed to blondes is you can use more hops and dry it out staying with a balanced beer with higher ABV.
I was looking back and see 1.015ish FG which is a little high for either yeast. Could be the sweetness. Do you use pure oxygen or a bubbler of some sort or just shake up the wort?
I've checked it out and , I don't have any noble hops and I shouldn't be making purchases for a while. Got some Perle, some Hallertau Blanc. I'm not in any particular hurry to use the S-33, but if the fancy takes me I think I'll try with that.

Nope, just shook it up a bit. Guess I could be a bit more energetic about that...

Last edited:
That's what I've been doing for now ashara Dayne I'm thinking of getting an aquarium pump and diffusion stone to oxygenate wort.

That's what I've been doing for now ashara Dayne I'm thinking of getting an aquarium pump and diffusion stone to oxygenate wort.

If you use an air pump don't forget to include a Hepa filter to keep out the baddies.
I have been using a nebulizer pump and that thing really puts the air through the stone!

Did you feel your beers were insufficiently aerated? Or is it just for comfort.J

Did you feel your beers were insufficiently aerated? Or is it just for comfort.J
No fermentation over the last handful of beers has been strong I brewed two Saisons in this period so I can't count them lol. I like me a nice pale lager and I know they require plenty of O2 so maybe the Aquarium pump diffusion stone with hepa filter may provide more O2 then the shake it shake it baby method:D.

I can't justify the price of pure O2 .

Back